- Europe watch. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/5/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 9, p12
This article presents news briefs related to the European chemical industry. Private equity companies are complaining that hedge funds are driving up acquisition prices by holding out for bigger payouts. Bayer MaterialScience plans to sell Hennecke, its polyurethane processing equipment...
- Bayer MaterialScience has tough 2013. // Urethanes Technology International;Apr/May2014, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the impact of tough market conditions on the business of chemical firm Bayer MaterialScience AG in 2013.
- No time for Swanning around at WH Smith. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;4/22/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p27
Discusses the bid made by venture capitalist Permira for retailer WH Smith Inc., and its impact on the leadership of chief executive Kate Swann. Business performance of the retailer in 2003; Profile on Swann; Details of Permira's offer.
- Considering the Unthinkable. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2009, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses the strategy of London private equity firm Permira Advisers Ltd. giving its limited partners the option of cutting back on their commitments to its latest vehicle. Permira's latest vehicle is a concession that could see its fourth fund cut from 11 billion euros to 9.5...
- HMV Up For Grabs? Brandle, Lars // Billboard;3/25/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p16
This article reports on the decision of music and entertainment company HMV Group to refuse a number of bids from venture capital firm Permira Advisers, as of March 2006. It discusses the reason for the decision, the value of the bids and the market performance of the company.
- EUROPE. Conroy, Will; Watts, Matt; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/2/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 37, p11
The article presents news briefs on the petroleum chemicals industry. Unipetrol IS set to announce a group strategy that should include a polyolefins investment of several billion koruna and possible acquisitions. Degussa plans to spin-off its NCN chemicals business. Private equity group Permira...
- BaySystems polyurethane systems house in South China inaugurated. // Chemical Business;Nov2008, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p75
The article reports on the inauguration of BAYER MaterialScience's new polyurethane systems house in Guangzhou, China. It notes that a global network of 30 systems houses is owned by the company. The new BaySystems systems house will serve customers in diverse industries including the...
- Bayer builds crucial China unit in phases. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;9/1/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2066, p27
Unveils the plan of Bayer Polymers to establish a production facility in Shanghai, China. Chemical to be processed in the facility; Significance of the production plant to the company.
- Bayer Establishes APAC Spray Competency Center in Shanghai. Wang, Rowena // China Chemical Reporter;3/16/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p10
The article reports that Bayer MaterialScience has set up a spray competency center in Shanghai, China to demonstrate its expertise in polyurethane spray technology in the Asia Pacific region. It features state-of-the-art processes and technology for reinforced and unreinforced systems....