TDG takes on family firm
- TDG back on acquisition trail with logistics gain in Spain. Gray, Dylan // Commercial Motor;3/8/2008, Vol. 205 Issue 5219, p8
The article reports on the acquisition of Spanish logistics business Doman and related company Ferrer Logistica by supply chain management specialist TDG. Doman managing director Fernando Sanchez will continue to lead the Spanish operation to be traded as TDG Doman. According to TDG chief...
- TDG quest for EU boost. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 57, p32
The article reports that transport company TDG is looking for further chemical acquisitions in Europe, according to David Hindson, the company's group director of strategy and marketing. TDG, which acquired Spanish logistics business Doman in February 2007, is keen to boost its presence in...
- Christian Salvesen profits fall to Â£4.4m. // Commercial Motor;12/16/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5109, p17
Reports on the decline in profit posted by logistics group Christian Salvesen between April and September 2004. Factor that contributed to the decline; Reason behind the postponement of merger talks of the company with TDG, according to chairman David Fish; Appointment of Stewart Oades as CEO...
- Salvesen takes on the giants. // Commercial Motor;7/28/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5138, p22
Presents updates on logistics companies in Great Britain as of July 2005. Increase in profit of Wincanton; Acquisition of Tibbet & Britten by Exel; Failure of the planned merger of Christian Salvesen and TDG.
- ND+TDG=? Stanton, Justin // Commercial Motor;12/2/2010, Vol. 213 Issue 5410, p3
The article presents the author's views on takeovers occurred in 2010. The author tells that the year was not only marked by business failures, but also for mergers and acquisitions. According to the author, the latest acquisition is of TDG by Norbert Dentressangle (ND), which has made the...
- Healthy deal. // Motor Transport;6/5/2003, p6
Announces the warehousing and distribution contract of TDG with Bayer in 2003. Forecast of TDG on consolidation in the chemical distribution sector.
- Survival of the fittest. Hobson, Steve // Commercial Motor;5/15/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5280, p10
The author reflects on the status of the road transport sector in Great Britain. He considers that Wincanton Corp.'s bid for TDG PLC reflects more consolidations in the transport sector in the near future. He shows concern for truckers who feel ignored by a government which isn't implementing a...
- Garman goes for growth. // Motor Transport;8/10/2006, p5
The article reports that growth is the priority of TDG chief executive officer David Garman. He says that it is expected to come from specialist areas and the group will aim to make bolt-on acquisitions. The companies that TDG acquired are expected to enhance business wins in the first full year.
- Acquired tastes. Saberhagen, Tom // Telephony;8/27/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p28
Reports the advantages of corporate mergers in the telecommunication industry. Improvement on the operation of the company; Increase on the profit of the company; Growth on the shares of the investors.