La Seda rebrands PTA PET as Artenius
- LSB mulls raising Greek PET stake. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/2/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that Spanish polyethylene terephthalate (PET) producer La Seda de Barcelona is considering buying the stake in Greek subsidiary Volos Pet Industry (VPI) that it does not already own, as part of a move to continue its expansion in Europe's PET market. The company spokesman...
- Spanish merger? Castano, Ivan; O'Driscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2131, p18
Discusses the potential merger between chemical companies La Seda de Barcelona (LSB) and Ercros in Barcelona, Spain. Reasons behind the failure of the first proposal to merge the chemical companies; Boost in polyethylene terephthalate capacity targeted by LSB; Benefits of a merger.
- NEWS BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/4/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 1, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. Unipetrol AS reduced the production of ethylene at its Litvinov steam cracker, due to technical problems. La Seda de Barcelona SA (LSB) agreed to sell its Portugal-based polyethylene terephtha-late (PET) production plant to...
- PET prices hold, margins suffer amid weak demand. PROTTI-ALVAREZ, FRANCINIA // Chemical Week;7/1/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 18, p51
The article discusses global polyethylene terephthalate (PET) prices as of July 1, 2013. Topics include supply and demand, the prices of raw materials, chemical exports, margins, and the industry analysis and forecasting organization IHS Chemical. The PET producer La Seda de Barcelona SA is...
- Inquitex to up plant capacity. // European Chemical News;2/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2041, p26
Focuses on an investment in polyethylene terephthalate capacity by Spain's La Seda de Barcelona as of March 2, 2003. Description of the project; Cost.
- La Seda Breaks Ground on Portuguese PTA Plant. // Chemical Week;3/24/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 10, p29
The article reports on the move of La Seda de Barcelona to construct a previously announced project to build a purified terephthalic acid (PTA) plant at Sines, Portugal. The plant is due to be completed at the end of 2009 with commercial production scheduled to start in the first quarter of...
- Eastman Sells PET Plant in Spain. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;2/28/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the decision of Eastman Chemical to sell its San Roque, Spain polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plant to La Seda de Barcelona. Eastman said that it would close the San Roque site due to a stalemate in negotiations over workforce reductions between the company and the local...
- LSB may buy two sites. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 59, p8
The article reports that Spanish firm La Seda de Barcelona is interested in buying Eastman Chemical's European purified terephthalic acid and polyethylene terephthalate production assets in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and Workington, Great Britain. In February 2007, La Seda Barcelona had offered...
- La Seda Buys Sabanci PET Business, Reinforcing Top European Slot. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/9/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 26, p14
The article reports on the decision of chemical firm La Seda de Barcelona to buy the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) business of Sabanci. The acquisition adds 280,000 m.t. per year of PET capacity to La Seda. Sabanci retains its polyester fiber, dimethyl terephthalate, and nylon fiber operations.