5-MINUTE AMERICAS WATCH
- ICI to buy Celanese unit for $25.5 MM. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/18/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 2, p11
Reports that ICI Chemicals and Polymers Ltd. has agreed to acquire Celanese AG's emulsion powders business. Value of the transaction; Benefits of ICI from the deal; Financial performance of the business unit.
- THE WEEK: NEWS BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/24/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 4, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. Private equity will see growth because of cheap financing and abundant equity capital. Brachem Acquisition has sold a 14% stake in Germany's Brenntag. Celanese AG has signed an agreement to build coal-to-ethanol plants at Nanjing...
- BUSINESS headlines. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;10/10/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2166, p7
This article reports on the plan of Celanese AG to sell Topas cycloolefin copolymer business of German subsidiary Ticona Japan-based Daicel Chemical Industries Ltd. and Polyplastics Co. Ltd. by the end of 2005. Daicel and Polyplastics will form a joint venture in Germany, to which all Topas...
- Celanese to Sell Oxos; Sets Business Realignment. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;12/20/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 43, p8
The article reports that chemical firm Celanese AG has agreed to sell its oxo produces and derivatives businesses to Boston, Massachusetts-based private equity firm Advent International $630 million under a realignment of its business and regional structures. Celanese says the moves lay the...
- Celanese sells oxo units to Advent. Zwirn, Ed // ICIS Chemical Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p6
The article reports on the decision of Celanese to sell its oxo-derivatives businesses to private equity firm Advent International for â‚¬ 480 million. The company's oxo-derivatives business has 1,100 employees, sales revenues of $720 million and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation...
- International Paper Eyes Sale of Arizona Chemical. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;7/20/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the plans of International Paper to sell or spin-off its Arizona Chemical unit as July 2005. Reason for the move; Reaction to the sale; Sales posted by Arizona Chemical in 2004.
- specialties. // Chemical Week;3/28/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 11, p25
The article presents news updates on various chemical companies. Sartomer is realigning operations around its geographical sales regions to enhance the company's global support for customers with multinational operations. Petrobras has chosen Industrial Nanotech to supply 50,000 gallons of...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;8/18/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2065, p6
Presents business news briefs related to the chemical industry of Europe as of August 18, 2003. Completion of the sale of the organosilicones business of Crompton to General Electric; Establishment of the technical polymers business of Celanese in Florence, Kentucky; Decline in the corporate...
- Favorable Reviews for Celanese's Purchase of Clariant's Emulsions. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;10/9/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 40, p28
Relates the opinions of market specialists on the planned acquisition of Clariant's European emulsions and global emulsion powders businesses by Celanese in 2002. Value of the deal; Benefit of the deal; Background on Celanese.