PEOPLE ON THE MOVE
- Westlake Chemical Taps Deal Pro. J. R. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/17/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p4
Reports that Westlake Chemical Corp. has appointed Donald Condon to fill in the position of senior vice president of corporate planning and business development. Reason behind the decision of the company in creating a position that will perform merger and acquisition (M&A) functions; Integral...
- Crude spikes boost prices. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/25/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 8, p40
The article focuses on recent developments related to the chemical industry. The U.S. based Westlake Chemical Corp. would not produce ethylene for 30 days in the second half and this would lead to production loss of 45,000 tonnes. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) prices rose by 4.5% month-on-month in...
- Stocks fly high, defying tough outlook. CHANG, JOSEPH // ICIS Chemical Business;8/13/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses the stock prices of chemical companies Westlake Chemical, Georgia Gulf, and LyondellBasell as of August 2012, mentioning the role of U.S. natural gas liquids feedstocks in protecting some chemical companies from an economic downturn.
- Commodity firms beat Wall Street forecasts. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/7/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the business performances of commodity chemical firms in the third quarter of 2005 despite the impact of hurricanes in the U.S. Adjustments in the third quarter profits of Huntsman Corp.; Increase in the selling prices of Westlake Corp.; Earnings of BASF AG.
- Charting the slide... s. s. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/7/2015, Issue 3673, p1
The article reports that the Independent Chemical Information Service (ICIS) Analytics charts the financial metrics and highlights the best and worst of 2014 in the chemical industry. The Top 50 leading chemical companies listed by the region in which they are located in North America. Westlake...
- Newsbriefs. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;7/19/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 27, p7
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry as of July 19, 2000. Plans of Celanese and Teijin to combine their Asian acetate filament businesses; Expansion of Westlake Polymers' chlor-alkali plant in Calvert City, Kentucky; Joint venture of Rogers and Chang Chun Plastics to manufacture and...
- Exxon, Westlake come onstream. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;11/12/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 43, p34
Provides information on the acquisition made by Exxon Chemical company and Westlake company for ethylene plants to expand its production capacity. Reasons of the companies for the delay in the production startup; Production capacity of Westlake.
- Westlake May Build Chlor-Alkali Plant. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;5/9/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 16, p11
The article reports that Westlake Chemical has filed for a permit for the potential construction of a chlor-alkali plant in Geismar, Louisiana with up to 350,000 tons/year of chlorine capacity. Westlake says the plant would start up in fourth-quarter 2009 if the company decides to proceed. The...
- PLANTS AND PROJECTS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/11/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 13, p24
The article offers news briefs related to the petroleum chemical industry which include the plan of Westlake Chemical Corp. to expand its two ethane crackers in Lake Charles, Louisiana, seeking of government approval by Nghi Son Petrochemical Refinery to build a polypropylene (PP) plant and...