Analysis of Michigan Medicaid Costs to Treat HIV Infection
- Management of HIV infection and other related issues. // Drug Store News;8/24/98, Vol. 20 Issue 13, pCP59
No abstract available.
- HIV/AIDS not just a Third World issue. Rozycki, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/7/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 32, p15
The article discusses the issue regarding cases of AIDS and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Accordingly, these viruses infects people from all walks of life either professional, black and white people. In Fairfield County, HIV became the subject of...
- International Nurses Day 2003 FIGHTING THE STIGMA OF HIV/AIDS. Armstrong, Fiona // Australian Nursing Journal;May2003, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p22
Provides information on dealing with HIV and AIDS disease. Fear and discrimination associated with HIV/AIDS infection; Effects of the AIDS problems in Africa; HIV infection rates in Australia from 1999 to 2001. INSET: HIV/AIDS: World round up.
- The Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and Infection with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar88, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p460
Provides information on AIDS and infection with HIV. Overview of AIDS in the U.S.; Impact of AIDS on the economy; Risk of transmission of HIV infection from patients to health care worker.
- Reducing heterosexual transmission of HIV in poor countries. Lamptey, Peter R // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/26/2002, Vol. 324 Issue 7331, p207
Presents a study which describes the impact of the HIV/AIDS pandemic on health and its economic and social impact in poor countries. Methods; Impact of HIV/AIDS on populations; Heterosexual transmission of HIV; How decreasing the risk of infection may slow the epidemic; Way that the treatment...
- Patterns of infection: using age prevalence data to understand the epidemic of HIV in South Africa. Williams, B.G.; Gouws, E.; Colvin, M.; Ramjee, G.; Abdool Karim, S.S.; Sitas, F. // South African Journal of Science;Jun2000, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p305
South Africa is experiencing an explosive epidemic of HIV/AIDS, with about one in four women attending ante-natal clinics nationwide being HIV-positive. In order to understand the natural history of the epidemic, to design and target interventions to manage it and to evaluate the impact of...
- The early years of HIV research: integrating clinical and basic research. Barre-Sinoussi, Francoise // Nature Medicine;Jul2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p844
Between the first analysis of patient samples in early 1983 and the determination of the sequence of HIV-1 in 1985, a vast amount of data was accumulated on HIV through the integrated efforts of clinicians, virologists, immunologists, molecular biologists and epidemiologists. These early years...
- HIV and AIDS: 20 years of science. Fauci, Anthony S // Nature Medicine;Jul2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p839
From the identification of HIV as the agent that causes AIDS, to the development of effective antiretroviral drugs, the scientific achievements in HIV research in the past 20 years have been formidable. Some of the other important areas of accomplishment include the development of blood tests...
- Twenty years on. // Nature Medicine;Jul2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p838
Introduces the special issue of 'Nature Medicine' commemorating 20 years of HIV science. Institutions engaged in conducting or funding HIV/AIDS rsearch and prevention; Advances in HIV science since 1983.