Study Reveals Infrastructure Challenges of Megacities
- Hyderabad: The high ground. // India Today;6/17/2015, p1
Post-bifurcation, Hyderabad is regaining its place as a big player on the realty scene.
- Coimbatore: On the road to success. // India Today;6/17/2015, p1
Proposed monorail and BRTS projects will ensure hassle-free connectivity.
- Where's your next roadblock? Trunick, Perry A. // Logistics Today;Apr2005, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p42
The article discusses the need of use of logistics by urban planners. The logistics networks are fluid and responsive to allow agile companies a market advantage. There's a major disconnect when the users of critical infrastructure sit down with the planners and designers of those resources. The...
- FAT City. Sorkin, Michael // Americas Quarterly;Fall2009, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p52
The article focuses on the growing urbanization in the U.S. This condition requires dramatic adjustments in diet and lifestyle, as well as urban planning that focuses on the design of new transportation and service networks. The accelerating urbanization paves way for the growing unhealthiness...
- Chapter 6: Urban transport - a saga of political indecision and lost opportunities. Mitchell, Malcolm // Civil Engineering (10212000);Jul2014, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p56
The article presents history of the transportation infrastructure in South Africa up to the end of the 20th century. Absence of appropriate institutional arrangements in South Africa saw urban transport in a parlous state at the start of the 21st century. In 1961 the contributions to the major...
- HOW TO MAKE OUR CITIES THRIVE. Walters, Kath // BRW;10/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p26
The article focuses on the economic prosperity of Australian cities. Issues that can influence such prosperity are given including infrastructure, city planning and housing and branding. It notes that 86 billion dollars worth of infrastructure projects were in the priority list of the statutory...
- Designing Urban Experiences. The Case of Zuidas, Amsterdam. Jantzen, Christian; Vetner, Mikael // Knowledge, Technology & Policy;Dec2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p149
Zuidas is a new city centre, which is emerging in the outskirts of Amsterdam. The ambitious project of developing a new international city centre has been carefully planned as the Netherlands has a strong and meticulous tradition for urban planning. The planning has however not only encompassed...
- Ludhiana: A home for everyone. // India Today;6/17/2015, p1
Once criticised for being an unplanned city, Ludhiana is witnessing a spurt in planned dwellings.
- Chennai: Tradition meets modernity. // India Today;6/17/2015, p1
Chennai continues to evolve as a major investment, business and education hub