University Chooses Single Source for Supply of Heat, Hot Water, and Pool Heating
- Salt Lake readies for 2002 Olympics with new, hydronically heated stadium. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;08/23/99, Vol. 207 Issue 17, p39
Reports on the installation of an hydronic heating system at the Rice Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City, Utah for the 2002 Olympic Games. Cost of construction; Duration of construction; Heating, ventilation and airconditioning features.
- Boiler systems: Economics and efficiencies. Tabrizi, Dominic // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Jun2012, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p28
The article offers helpful information for engineers in terms of installing new boiling systems in order to meet a building's hot water needs. Factors that influence boiler system effectiveness in real time are highlighted including system components and configuration, outdoor air temperatures,...
- Troubleshooting Controls on the Web. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2007, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p40
The article discusses the use of control systems in heating and ventilation of schools. According to the author, facility managers use direct-digital-control systems for the operation of their buildings and for its heating and cooling systems. He notes that thematic displays allow facility...
- CHAPTER 49: SERVICE WATER HEATING. // ASHRAE Handbook: HVAC Applications (9781931862226);2003, p49.1
Chapter 49 of the book "2003 ASHRAE HANDBOOK: Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning Applications" is presented. It discusses factors involved in a service water heating system including heat energy source, heat transfer equipment, distribution system, and terminal hot-water usage device. It...
- Revamping Sidearm Water Heaters. Siegenthaler, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/18/2012, Vol. 246 Issue 7, p30
The article focuses the changes made in the sidearm water heaters to improve the performance of the hydraulic system. It provides an overview on how sidearm water heaters are originally used along with boilers to main a constant minimum temperature. It discusses the difference between natural...
- Steam Flooding. LANTHIER, GEORGE // Fuel Oil News;Jul2014, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p42
The article presents a discussion on steam boiler inspection. Topics discussed include the use and testing of the traditional boiler and tankless heater for internal leakage, the surging water condition of steam boiler, and the performance of an average section steam boiler. Information and...
- Not just radiant snow melt, it's a `new era in turf conditioning'. // Contractor Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p5
Reports on an innovative heating system supplied by Westland Mechanical for the playing field of the Mile High Stadium in Denver. Hydronic tubing; Prior system used by the stadium; How the system works.
- Radiant takes root in athletic fields. Olsztynski, Jim // Plumbing & Mechanical;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p56
Focuses on the use of radiant heat to maintain the cushion and cohesion of football fields. System design; Installation; Leakages; Benefits to football players. INSET: Mile high stadium trades electricity for radiant heat..
- Firm automates park before All-Star Game. Wheeler, Jim // Contractor Magazine;Jul94, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p5
Reports on Langdon-Kaschub's preparation of the Three Rivers Stadium for the 1994 baseball All-Star game at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Electronic scoreboard; Heating and ventilation requirements of the operations room; Dan Whalen as president of Langdon-Kaschub; Benefits of the installed DDC...