Human Dignity, Human Rights
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights. // Universal Declaration of Human Rights;2009, p1
Presents the text of the International Declaration of Human Rights, a 1948 United Nations document. Various articles in the declaration.
- International Covenant on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights. // International Covenant on Economic, Social, & Cultural Rights;2009, p1
Presents the text of the International Covenant on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights. Provisions of the covenant.
- Human rights and trade--a balancing act. Newsom, David D. // Christian Science Monitor;4/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 103, p19
Opinion. Discusses human rights and trade, focusing on the efforts of the United States to promote and protect human rights in other countries and highlighting the need to reconcile trade and human rights in China. Information on problems facing China; Reference to the end of the cold war era;...
- Human rights in a post-Cold War world. Forsythe, David P. // National Forum;Fall92, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p40
Speculates on the advancement of human rights in a new world order. End of the Cold War between the Soviet Union and the United States; Notion and core definition of universal human rights; Broad acceptance of international legal obligations pertaining to human rights by a clear majority of the...
- Advancing the Helsinki process. Korey, W. // New Leader;2/6/89, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p7
Discusses the history, achievement, and progress of the 1975 Helsinki Final Act which deals with human rights policies. Need for constant verification and further fulfillment of these human rights agreements.
- Equality belongs on the agenda. Sandosham, Surita // Christian Science Monitor;3/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 71, p20
Presents information on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which was adopted by the United Nations in 1948. Terms of the Declaration; Fundamental human rights which was enumerated by the Declaration; Violations against women; Issues of discrimination; Definition of discrimination.
- A long march. Soberon, Francisco // UNESCO Courier;Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p18
Deals with the 50th anniversary of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Significance of the declaration; Emergence of a global human rights culture; Two aspects essential to the progress of human rights in the world.
- For an end to double standards. Bonino, Emma // UNESCO Courier;Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p21
Advocates an international policy on human rights that is based on respect for laws, agreements and rules. Situations in several countries; Importance of double standards; How to establish such process.
- Globalization: What is at stake? Campbell, Bonnie // UNESCO Courier;Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p24
Probes into the impact of the globalization process on human rights. Changes from the declaration of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights on 1948; Arguments from economists; Social, political and economic implication of such process.