The (Mis)Guided Dream of Graham Greene
- London letter. Wall, Barbara // America;8/9/1947, Vol. 77 Issue 19, p521
The author presents his views on the novels of contemporary novelist, Graham Greene. He states that by reading Greene's novel, he found out that it is difficult to comment on it because each statement he want to make seems to contradict another. He pointed out that he wants to refer Greene as a...
- The End of the Chase. Glenville, Peter // National Review;5/27/1991, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p57
Recounts the author's memories of the late novelist Graham Greene. Political views; Personal style; Religious beliefs; How his world view influenced his works.
- Reflections (Book). Ives, Nancy R. // Library Journal;5/15/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 9, p82
Reviews the book "Reflections," by Graham Greene.
- Graham Greene at that Movies: A Novelist's Experience with the Film. Skerrett Jr., Joseph T. // Literature Film Quarterly;Fall74, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p293
Describes novelist Graham Greene's experience with motion pictures. Autobiography published by Greene; Number of films made from the works of Greene; Decade of Greene's most important development; Shift in Greene's artistic practice; Working arrangements between a writer and a director...
- Growing Up as Greene. HUGHES, CATHARINE // America;10/2/1971, Vol. 125 Issue 9, p230
The article focuses on the book "A Sort of Life," by Graham Greene. It notes that the book is somewhat of an autobiography by the novelist. Greene wrote that the book resulted from a desire to reduce a chaos of experience into order and a hungry curiosity. It narrates several occasions in the...
- SEAN french. // New Statesman;08/14/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4499, p22
Looks at the job of novelists. Working hours of writers Edmund White and Graham Greene; Advice on the process of creative writing; Speed of Evelyn Waugh in writing `Decline and Fall' and `Vile Bodies'; Advantages and disadvantages of the writing profession. INSET: THIS ENGLAND.
- A BRIEF OUTLOOK ON GRAHAM GREENE'S RECEPTION IN AMERICA. Daniela, Sabău Gianina // Europa: Magazine about Science & Art during the Transition;2014, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p29
The purpose of this article is to provide a brief outlook on Graham Greene's reception in America in an attempt to go beyond the European label of his writings into reinforcing the author's position as a cosmopolitan writer. As Graham Greene's reception in American is inevitably linked to the...
- The Catholic Novel. Bergonzi, Bernard // Commonweal;5/4/2007, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p10
The article discusses Catholic novelists and their works. It states the lack of experience of English novelists Evelyn Waugh and Graham Greene in Catholic parochial life and schooling. It cites the novels that deal with spiritual dilemmas of a person. The author believes that a novel must raise...
- Tarnishing Temple's image. Shpritz, Janet // Daily Variety;1/27/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 20, pA7
The article focuses on the comments of novelist Graham Greene on the sexuality of child actress Shirley Temple in the U.S. Greene questioned the sexuality of Temple in his article. Temple and Twentieth Century Fox filed a lawsuit against Greene regarding the issue. Greene claimed that Temple's...