- Coming events. // Fire Engineering;May95, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p86
No abstract available.
- CALENDAR. // Fire Chief;Jan2007, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p16
The article presents a calendar of fire-related events in the U.S. from March to April 2007. On March 6-8, the Wildlife Fire 2007 will take place in Reno, Nevada. On March 16-18, the Water Rescue & Emergency Response Training will be held in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. On April 16-21, the Fire...
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p216
A calendar of events involving fire fighters is presented which includes the Ohio Safety Congress & Expo, Fire Service Fitness Specialist Courses and a course relating to ice rescues.
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Apr2007, Vol. 160 Issue 4, p263
A calendar of events in the fire fighting industry in 2007 is presented. A conference titled Symposium by the Sea will be held August 2-5. The Radiological Emergency Planning conference will be held August 7-10. The Fire-Rescue International conference will be held August 23-25 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- CALENDAR. // Fire Chief;Apr2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p18
A calendar of events related to fire fighting in the U.S. in 2009 is presented which include a Station Style Conference in Denver, Colorado on May 3-6, an International Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting Convention in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on May 4-6 and a life-saving workshop on aquatics in...
- Organizing and training special rescue teams. Rhea, Robert // Fire Engineering;Mar1997, Vol. 150 Issue 3, p75
Discusses issues affecting the organizing and training of special rescue teams in fire fighting. Development issues affecting the organization of a training program; Tips on identifying rescue target hazards; Categories of rescue target hazards and the associated rescue problems; Tips on...
- Search and rescue in single family dwellings, part 2. Gustin, Bill // Fire Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p51
Part II. Describes a search and rescue procedure for a burning single-family dwelling. Search plan options for the first-arriving engine company and the ladder company; Advancing the attack hoseline through the front door; Getting to the bedroom; Handling fires in the kitchen, utility room,...
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Jul2001, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p118
No abstract available.
- Where's the victim? Montagna, Frank C. // Fire Engineering;Dec96, Vol. 149 Issue 12, p60
Presents strategies for fire fighters in rescuing victims trapped in buildings. Need for a view of all four sides of the building; Importance of standardized communication; Tactical and building access considerations.