Get the President's attention with no excuses draft policy
- In memory of... Szala, Ginger // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Oct2001, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p8
Presents comments of the editor on the September 11 terrorist attacks in the United States. Sentiment of the editor for the victims; Effect of the attack on the lives of the American people; Description of the scenario during the attack.
- Finding the balance between patriotism and proper journalism is not always easy. Plate, Tom // San Diego Business Journal;7/24/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p59
The article presents the author's perspective on the difficulty of the news editors to make judgments that would balance proper patriotism and proper journalism to create harmonious society in the U.S. According to the author, U.S. President George W. Bush has told the American people that the...
- Not So Beautiful. Athar, Ainee // Teen Ink;May2005, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p38
The article comments on political and economic problems in the U.S. The author states that aside from focusing on social equality, the federal government should focuses in improving democracy in the nation. The author argues that improving democracy and nationalism would hinder terrorism in the U.S.
- From the Presidentï¿½. Talley, Kaye // Arkansas Libraries;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p3
The author reflects on the freedom and liberty of the United States. She mentions that it is hard to believe that anyone would have a fearless dare to do a terrorist attack in the United States despite its economic and military power. She states that America should not take for granted its...
- Renewal dÃ©jÃ vu for terrorism backstop. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;8/27/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p18
The author comments on the repetition of the situation regarding the extension of the federal terrorism insurance backstop in the U.S. He compares the similarities and differences of the situation in August 2007 to what occurred in August 2005. He mentions the approval of a bill by the House...
- "Nine years have passed but the deep scars still remain.". Mirani, Raza // Asian Pacific Post;9/16/2010, p14
The author discusses the significance of remembering the U.S. terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.
- How To Advance Open International Scientific Exchange. Bryant, Barbara // PLoS Computational Biology;Jun2008, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
The article reflects on the factors that affect the processing of the U.S. visa. She mentions the survey conducted by the International Society for Computational Biology to examine its members concerning the experiences of non-U.S. scientist who visited the country, in response to the reports of...
- Loss of liberty a timely Knight topic. Neville, Paul // Masthead;Spring2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p13
Discusses the highlights of the 2003 Knights Center editorial writing seminar at the University of Maryland concerning the loss of liberty since the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Relevance of a debate over civil liberties versus national security; List of speakers at the...
- Elite editorial writers can't stop squawking at Ashcroft. Malkin, Michelle // Fort Worth Business Press;6/13/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p56
Criticizes editorial writers in the U.S. for their attacks against U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft over the detention of illegal aliens investigated for possible ties to terrorism. Claims of the editorial of 'The Los Angeles Times' newspaper; Findings of the inspector general's report on...