Accountancy firm calls for IHT rethink
- Stoy Howard joining BDO. // Hotel & Motel Management;11/7/94, Vol. 209 Issue 19, p48
Reports on the selection of accountancy firm Stoy Howard to represent BDO International in Great Britain. Stoy Howard's withdrawal from Horwath International; Comments by BDO Hospitality Consulting senior director Geoff Parkinson.
- BDO signs e-commerce deal. // Accountancy;Feb2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1278, p10
The accounting company BDO Stoy Hayward has become the latest firm to link up with an e-business specialist, signing an alliance with Oracle Corp. of Great Britain and Ireland. The deal will see Oracle provide online expertise for new and growing companies, and formalises the already close links...
- New senior partner takes helm at BDO Stoy Hayward. // Accountancy;Sep2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1333, p18
The article presents news from the accounting industry. Chris Swinson has handed over the reins as senior partner of BDO Stoy Hayward to Dermot Mathias. Swinson has been senior partner at BDO for seven years, and is a respected figure in the accountancy profession, having been president of the...
- Newman gets global posting. // Accountancy;Dec2007, Vol. 140 Issue 1372, p63
The article reports that Jeremy Newman, the managing partner of accounting firm BDO Stoy Hayward, will take over as chief executive officer (CEO) of BDO International in October 2008. Newman will be succeeding Frans Samyn who has held the position since 2002. Newman states that has has no...
- Prescott pushes out BDO. Pilkington, Lisa // Estates Gazette;5/17/2003, Issue 320, p35
Reports on the deal made by the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM) for Frontier Estate's office space at St. Philip Place in Great Britain. Impact of the deal on BDO; Details on the lease of the ODPM for the building.
- Taxing time for trusts. Murphy, Brian // Money Marketing;4/13/2006, p61
The article focuses on the proposal of the recent Budget of Chancellor Gordon Brown, which is considered as the biggest change to the inheritance tax regime since its introduction in 1986 in Great Britain. The proposed rules have an impact on the new trusts, however, they have implications for...
- Brown urged to raise Stamp Duty threshold. // Mortgage Strategy;12/4/2006, p17
The article reports on the plans by Chancellor Gordon Brown to increase Stamp Duty threshold together with house price inflation for next week's budget report in Great Britain. "Mortgage Strategy" has been promoting the Stamp Duty campaign which has been flooded with readers' petition. This will...
- BDO Offices Win Sloan Awards. // Public Accounting Report;2/15/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p5
The article reports 31 offices of BDO Stoy Hayward LLP have been chosen as winners of the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility.
- TALK OF THE BROWN. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/22/2008, Issue 2805, p5
No abstract available.