IPOS IN THE US
- Fosun Pharm Raises Holding in Tongjitang. // China Chemical Reporter;3/26/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p5
The article reports that Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. has acquired the American depository shares (ADS) in Tongjitang Chinese Medicines Co. in China. It states that the transaction was made through subsidiary Fosun Pharmaceutical Ltd. for $16.93 million. It also notes that Fosun Pharm...
- The Week's Biggest Gainers and Losers. // BioWorld Insight;12/21/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p20
Two charts are presented that list several companies with positive and negative stock market performances in the U.S. in the fourth week of December 2009 including Achillion Pharmaceuticals Inc., United Therapeutics Corp. and Helicos Biosciences Corp.
- Helicos BioSciences Corp Settles its Patent Litigation Against Pacific Biosciences. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/18/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article focuses on an announcement made by Helicos BioSciences Corp. for the settlement of its patent infringement action against Pacific Biosciences Inc. The settlement provides the Pacific Biosciences freedom to operate from the Helicos BioSciences within a limited field of use.
- OTHER NEWS TO NOTE. // BioWorld Today;4/16/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 74, p2
This section offers news briefs related to the pharmaceuticals industry as of April 2008. Affymetrix Inc. has formed an alliance with 25 cancer researchers in North America. Paolo Pucci was appointed chief executive officer (CEO) and a member of the board at ArQule Inc. Helicos BioSciences and...
- Decoding the human genome. Chaudhuri, Saptarshi // BioSpectrum;Mar2012, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the potential of next generation sequencing (NGS) in the field of biological sciences. It states that the NGS, also known as post-Sanger sequencing method, helps make easier and quicker mapping of genes for diseases caused by the alteration in one or few genes. It also...
- Sunesis Raises $21M Publicly To Advance Cancer Trials. Morrison, Trista // BioWorld Today;5/25/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 102, p3
The article presents news briefs on corporate financings affecting the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. Sunesis Pharmaceuticals Inc. decided to sell 4.75 million shares at $4.43 per share to advance its cancer trials. Allos Therapeutics Inc. filed a universal shelf registration statement with...
- Pharmaceutical Companies. // Fort Worth Business Press;2007 Book of Lists, p119
A chart is presented that provides information on pharmaceutical companies in Fort Worth, Texas ranked by net income, including Alcon Laboratories Inc., Abbott Laboratories and Eli Lilly.
- PUERTO RICO'S LARGEST PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURERS. // Caribbean Business;3/19/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p40
A chart is presented that lists the largest pharmaceutical manufacturers in Puerto Rico as of August 2008 including Pfizer Pharmaceuticals LLC, Amgen Manufacturing Ltd. and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Largest Indianapolis-Area Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2006 Book of Lists, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p116
A chart is presented that lists several large Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical companies including Ell Lilly and Co., Roche Diagnostics, Dow AgroSciences, Covance Inc.- Central Laboratory Services and DCL Medical Laboratories.