At a Glance
- J.P. Morgan: Dimon effect paying off. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;10/2/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p1
This article focuses on role of chief executive Jamie Dimon in the growth of JPMorgan Chase & Co. Dimon took charge of the company at the end of 2005 and the stock price of the bank has been rising since the news of his promotion broke out. J.P. Morgan's shares are increased by 43% since October...
- J.P. Morgan: A Personal, But Global, Approach. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/26/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 17, p22
The article discusses views of managing director and chief executive officer of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Philip Bleser, regarding mergers and acquisitions (M&A). It states that there were 38 apparel and retail M&A deals topping one billion dollar over five years where J.P. Morgan's played an...
- Chase Shares Rise on Optimism. // American Banker;11/21/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 224, p20
Reports on the rise in J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.'s share prices as of November 21, 2002. Investors' speculation that its profits would recover as a cause for the rise; Comments by analysts; Decline in earnings since the merger with Chase Manhattan Corp.
- JP Morgan Sells Brazilian Asset Management Arm. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p8
Reports that Brazil's Bradesco has agreed to acquire the Security Portfolios and Investment Funds of U.S. investment bank JP Morgan Chase & Company. Reason behind the decision of JP Morgan to exit the Brazilian asset management market; Competition and problems in the Brazilian investment...
- Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;May2008, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p2
The article reports on the effects of the credit crisis on the investment banking in the U.S. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. has acquired Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. for a fraction of its previous market value, paying just $2 per share. According to a report, some lenders have gone as far as to suspend...
- Profits take a bank holiday. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;06/11/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p4
Reports on the decline of investment banking revenues for the J.P. Morgan & Chase Co.in New York. Reasons in the slash of ratings for analysts; Impact of the slowdown on J.P. Morgan Partners; Disconnection of private investments due to falling stock prices and failing technology.
- Bug Music Raises $200M Credit Facility. A. D. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/22/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p3
The article reports that independent music publisher Bug Music Inc. secured a $200 million credit facility to pursue acquisitions and expand the business. JP Morgan led the credit facility. Bug Music chief executive John Rudolph said that the upsizing of its credit facility will enable Bug Music...
- Harris Says It's Not Pursuing Sale. // Defense Daily;6/3/2008, Vol. 238 Issue 45, p2
The article reports on the assertion of Harris Corp. that it is not pursing a merger following a speculation of bids. Howard Lance, president of the company asserts that Harris Corp. continues to effectively serve the requirements of the emerging global communications market. However, Joseph...
- Dimon Taking Top Spot Ahead of Schedule. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/24/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 40, p5
Reports on the appointment of JPMorgan Chase chief operations officer and president, Jamie Dimon to the position of chief executive officer (CEO). Career achievements; Criticisms against former CEO William Harrison for Morgan's low earnings and stock price; Business operations of the company.