Macquarie Extends US Footprint
- Clariant plans to merge 5 arms. // Colourage;Sep2005, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p124
This article reports that the Switzerland-based chemicals group, Clariant AG (CA), has decided to merge its five business units to strengthen its position in the textile market in India. The companies are Clariant India Ltd., Colour-Chem Ltd., BTP India, Vanavil Dyes and Chemicals Ltd., and...
- Nexen to Spin Off Chemicals. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/24/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 4, p4
Reports that energy company Nexen Inc. is looking to spin off its chemicals business in order to fund a $2.1 billion dollar acquisition of EnCana Corp.'s North Sea oil and gas properties. Chemicals business produces chloralkali and sodium chlorate; Unit generated revenues of $286 million over...
- Airport of sorrows. Ries, Ivor // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/23/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6334, p46
Reports the acquisition of Sydney Airport by Macquarie Bank in Australia. Terms of the agreement; Existence of conservative accounting types; Emphasis of the boundaries of accounting; Functions of the private equity firms.
- 'Soon it will all be ours! Mwha ha ha ha haaaaaa.' // Money Management;9/29/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p36
Reports on the investments and acquisitions of Macquarie Bank Ltd. in Great Britain. Announcement of plans to launch a fund entirely devoted to media companies; Acquisition of Norwegian explosives giant Dyno Nobel Inc. by Macquarie; Enumeration of investments owned by the company.
- Macquarie buys Lloyds ROSCO. // Modern Railways;Jan2013, Vol. 70 Issue 722, p90
The article reports on the LloydBabking Group PLC rolling stock leasing business that has been acquired by VMacquarie European Rail, the new business of Macquarie Bank Ltd.
- The market: Big Mac. // BRW;2/12/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the intention of Macquarie Bank to acquire ING's Asian stockbroking business.
- RADIO PLAY. Roberts, Craig // BRW;6/10/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p15
Reports on Macquarie Bank's plan to acquire 36 regional radio stations in Australia. Reaction of the media industry; Intention of Macquarie to create a regional media fund.
- Ma-linked firm facing legal bid. Papadakis, Marianna; Thompson, Sarah // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/8/2015, p3
The article reports on the launch of court proceedings against Liberty Financial Cos. Inc. and its managing director, Sherman Ma by Macquarie Bank Ltd.
- Mesnac forms new division. Sweeney, Chris // Rubber & Plastics News;1/27/2014, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p6
The article reports on Mesnac Tooling Division, a newly-formed global tooling division of rubber and tire machinery supplier Mesnac Co. Ltd. It states that with the new tooling division, Mesnac can consolidate its operations in various countries including Great Britain, China, and U.S. into one...