Quilters Make A Difference
- Year of Applique: Various Techniques. Dudley, June // Quiltmaker;Jan/Feb2013, Issue 149, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including how to applique in the hoop with an embroidery machine, color combinations for quiltmakers and quilting patterns.
- quilt with the stars. // Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 18 Issue 108, p60
The article focuses on quilt designer and quilter Bonnie Sullivan who is known for her flannel and wool quilts. She was born in a small town in Oregon, and lived in Salem all her life. She designs using several handcraft mediums such as wool appliquÃ© and cross-stitch. She learned sewing from...
- Tour Decades of Quilting. EIKMEIER, BARBARA J.; THOMAS, DONNA LYNN // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Aug/Sep2014, Issue 441, p30
The authors discuss their experiences as a quilt maker and quilting teacher and offer information about the "Four Decades of Quilting" program. Topics covered include the authors' differences including the one's passion for precision piecing and the other's use of applique, the benefits of the...
- APPLIQUÃ‰D QUILTS. // Quilts in Bloom: A Garden of Inspiring Quilts & Techniques with ;2004, p10
The article presents information about the quilts made using the appliquÃ© technique. It mentions that the appliquÃ©technique is a form of patch work and can be used with any designs including floral, abstract and photo-realism style. There are several types of appliquÃ© techniques...
- Album of Roses. // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Aug/Sep2012, Issue 429, p60
The article offers information on the pattern and design of the quilt titled "Album of Roses" developed by quiltmaker Rita Verocca. It mentions that the theme of the quilt is based on the American quilt history. It explains the steps involved in creating and developing the quilt. It informs that...
- Ellen Anne Eddy: Quilts from the Deep. Ullrich, Polly // Fiberarts;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
The article profiles quilter Ellen Anne Eddy. She acquired her first sewing machine as a teenager and began quilting at age 21. Her themes originates in her dreams and daydreams. She builds up shimmering natural worlds on top of a traditional quilt with multiple layers of appliquÃ©d and...
- Hortense Horton Beck Tells Her Story: "I wanted to do something important". Comstock, Gloria Craft // Uncoverings;2012, Vol. 33, p39
The Hortense Horton Beck Collection, presented in 2008 for the education collection of the International Quilt Study Center in Lincoln, Nebraska, is the only assemblage of late-twentieth-century reproduction American masterpiece quilts, according to the IQSC's director, Dr. Patricia Crews. The...
- Spring Basket. // Quilter's World;Apr2009, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p40
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a pieced and appliquÃ©d wall quilt with a spring message.
- Getting Started. // Quiltmaker;Sep/Oct2013, Issue 153, p76
The article offers step-by-step instructions for getting started with quilting including techniques such as machine piecing, applique and fusible applique.