- 19 charged in $76M SBA loan fraud case. Harrison, Sheena // Crain's Detroit Business;1/15/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that Patrick Harrington, former executive vice president with Business Loan Express LLC, and Deborah Lazenby, former assistant vice president at Huntington National Bank, are among 19 people charged in federal court with fraud in connection with more than $76 million in loans...
- Spring cleaning in ABS puts BLX under scrutiny. Mitchell, Donna // Asset Securitization Report;4/2/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on the agreement between Business Loan Express Inc. (BLX) and Small Business Administration (SBA) to oversight BLX's operations and halt fraudulent lending practices in the U.S. It was agreed that loans from BLX that are SBA-guaranteed will be reviewed by an accounting firm...
- Audit flunks SBA's efforts at fighting fraud. Oppenheim, Sara // American Banker;6/9/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 109, p10
Cites the findings of an audit of the US Small Business Administration, the federal agency that provides loans to small business owners. Evidence that agency did not do enough to prevent fraud; Default of loans after their approval; Indications of fraud in loan applications; Lack of monitoring...
- Corrections. // American Banker;11/16/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 222, p18
A correction to the November 14, 2007 story "Panel Wants Much More from SBA" is presented, as is a correction to the November 15, 2007 story "HSBC Card: Decoupled with a Twist."
- SBA's 7(a) Program in Danger. // SCOR Report;Dec2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p2
Focuses on the possible difficulties concerning the enactment of the U.S. Small Business Administration's 7(a) loan program.
- SBA to Spend $9.8M on System To Monitor Loans. Reosti, John // American Banker;4/25/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 79, p6
Reports on the decision of Small Business Administration to fund loan monitoring system to expand and enhance its ability to identify potential problem loans and high-risk lenders. Benefits of the program; Reason for developing the program.
- SBA has a busy six. // Business News New Jersey;05/12/97, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p3
Reports that the federal Small Business Administration (SBA) approved 662 loans during the first six months of the agency's fiscal year, to small businesses in New Jersey. Total amount these loans are valued at; Comments from Francisco A. Marrero, district director.
- Chicago largest SBA lenders. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p63
Presents a list of banks in Chicago, Illinois that received approved loans from Small Business Administration. Assets of the banks; Business proceedings of the banks; Information on industries served by the banks.
- New York Area's Largest SBA-Guaranteed Loans. // Crain's New York Business;2/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p12
Presents a tabulation detailing the area's largest Small Business Administration-guaranteed loans in New York City. Rank of borrower based on a total loan amount; Evaluation of loan type; Inclusion of Susan Levit as the highest borrower for the fiscal year.