Keen Unpacks New Bag Line
- Scrap cans prices lose fizz. Truini, Joe // Waste News;02/08/99, Vol. 4 Issue 39, p22
Presents charts and news item related to waste recycling in the United States. Decline of aluminum can prices; Business indicators; Pricing trends for loose materials in eight metropolitan areas.
- Recycling Rates Dip. Ursery, Stephen // Waste Age;Jul2004, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p12
Reports on a decline in recycling rates for beverage cans in the U.S. from 1990 to 2004. Comparison between the recycling rates for aluminum cans in 2003 and 2002, according to the Aluminum Association and the Container Recycling Institute (CRI); Reason behind the decline; Way to increase...
- Can prices creep upward. Truini, Joe // Waste News;05/03/99, Vol. 4 Issue 51, p34
Reports on the increase in the prices of recycled aluminum cans in the United States. Likelihood of improvement in scrap aluminum can prices in April 1999; Average price for used beverage cans in different cities.
- Six Myths About Going Green. VEACH, JOHN // Wearables;Nov2011, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p27
The author debunks several myths associated with eco apparel. He explains why even a single person can make a difference in eliminating waste. He points out that post-consumer recycled polyester can produce 100 percent poly knit polo and crew-neck shirts. The author claims that many...
- POURING THROUGH THE NUMBERS: FACTORS FUELING THE HOT PLASTICS MARKET. Holmes, Rim // Resource Recycling;Jun2005, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p17
This article reports that reclaimers and brokers of recovered materials have been enjoying robust prices for materials in recent months in the U.S., however no other market has been hotter than the plastics market where some prices have reached record levels. Foreign demand, rising petrochemical...
- 8th China Intemational Recycled Polyester Forum. Thiele, Ulrich // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2012, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p178
The article discusses the highlights of the 8th China International Recycled Polyester Forum held in Shanghai, China on September 13-14, 2012. It was attended by more than 300 participants from China and other countries. Some of the main themes were developments in the polyester recycling market...
- Modification of bitumen-based roof covering material by glass reinforced polyester recyclate. Neşer, Gökdeniz; Aytekin, Vural // Journal of Material Cycles & Waste Management;Jul2015, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p583
In boat building industry, environmental legislations promoting recycling of thermoset composites have been the main driver globally. Recycling of glass-reinforced plastics (GRP), which is widely used in the industry, has been very problematic due to its inherent heterogeneous structure....
- PET recycling plant in Thailand. // Chemical Fibers International;Mar2009, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on a program for collecting used polyester products and then recycling them into new polyester materials through the Eco Circle closed-loop recycling system of Japanese fiber producer Teijin Ltd. to be launched by Thai Namsiri Intertex Co. Ltd. (TNI), a consolidated...
- A green plastic. // Ward's Auto World;Feb94, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p56
Reports that polyester is the most successfully recycled commercial plastic for use in car manufacturing.