'It's Our Job to Stop That Dream'
- Border Patrol warned against opening fire on rock throwers. // Hill;3/10/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p11
The article reports on the directive from the U.S. Border Patrol that border patrol agents should move away or take cover when they confront suspected illegal immigrants who throw rocks at them.
- Border Patrol. // Wild West;Feb2007, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p11
The article focuses on U.S. Border Patrol. Such body has been protecting the 2,000-mile U.S. to Mexico border from illegal immigration and drug trafficking and its says that more than 6,000 National Guard troops were employed to assist the Border Patrol agents. Prior to agents, watchmen of the...
- Bush Must Pardon Jailed Border Agents. Hunter, Duncan // Human Events;2/26/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p1
The article contends that the U.S. government must pardon U.S. Border Patrol agents Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos for wounding a drug smuggler on the U.S.-Mexico border. The author said that this case is a severe injustice which must be acted upon immediately. The testimony that ultimately led...
- US Border Patrol meets 18,000-agent goal. // HS Today;Feb2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Border Patrol has reached its goal of hiring 6,000 new agents as of December 18, 2008, bringing the total number of Border Patrol agents to 18,000. The 18,000-agent target was set by former U.S. President George W. Bush in 2006 as part of "Operation Jump Start."...
- Dispatches. // World (0888157X);7/26/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p4
The article presents a photograph of demonstrators gathered outside a U.S. Border Patrol station in Murrieta, California on July 4, 2014.
- Todd Heisler's Border Vision. // BAGnewsNotes;4/15/2014, p1
A photographic image is presented of the Rio Grande river, Texas along with comments on U.S. Border Patrol's monitoring of for illegal crossings across the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Every agent's a drug agent. Gibney Jr., F. // Newsweek;5/1/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 18, p27
Talks about the US Border Patrol, whose traditional job is to enforce immigration law, but is now involved in police work to interdict drugs or investigate the groups that smuggle them. Other agencies now involved; Changes in work and roles.
- Shooting suit. // World (0888157X);8/23/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the civil suit filed by the mother of Jose Antonio Elena Rodriquez, a slain Mexican teenager, against the Border Patrol agents linked to his son's death.
- A BORDER TALE. CONNOR, JOHN // Guns Magazine;Mar2014, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p110
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of fulfilling his training liaison assignment of inspecting the condition of a border bridge in South America and to discretely assess the sergeant's health.