Ford Motor Company Settles Large Women's Harassment Case
- Verdict of $51.8 Million Against Ford In Product Liability Suit Over Bronco II Rollover Problems. // Insurance Advocate;04/01/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 14, p11
Reports on the product liability verdict announced by a Superior Court jury in California against Ford Motor Co. Reaction of the plaintiff's attorneys to the decision; Significance of the damages awarded against Ford Motor; Details on the litigation.
- Ford wins St. Louis Bronco II case, settles another. // Automotive News;3/29/93, Vol. 67 Issue 5492, p19
Reveals that a St. Louis jury has cleared Ford Motor Co. of liability in a Bronco II automobile accident involving Amy Fuchs. Details of the accident; Permanent disability of Fuchs; Other cases involving Bronco II.
- Ford verdicts upheld: No misconduct by jurors. Freedman, Eric // Automotive News;01/25/99, Vol. 73 Issue 5803, p26
Reports that the Michigan Court of Appeals has upheld verdicts in favor of Ford Motor Co. in two unrelated product liability lawsuits. Rejection of motions for reconsideration; Background on the cases; Absence of sufficient evidences to support the defense verdict.
- Ariz. high court to hear injury appeal. Freedman, Eric // Automotive News;8/4/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5725, p36
States that the Arizona Supreme Court will review a jury verdict holding Ford Motor Co. 30 percent liable for injuries to a passenger in a 1988 Aerostar. The appeal to focus on the issues of Ford offering testimony that a drunk driver caused the crash, and the offering of testimony by the...
- Ford settles harassment complaints. // Automotive News;09/13/99, Vol. 74 Issue 5837, p30
No abstract available.
- 2 women sue Ford for sexual harassment. // Automotive News;3/30/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5759, p30
States Ford Motor Co. is being sued for sexual harassment by two women employees. The lawsuit seeking class-action status in United States District Court in Chicago, Illinois; Details of the case alleging managers unwanted fondling and verbal abuse of female employees.
- ACCRUAL OF DEDUCTIONS IN CONNECTION WITH STRUCTURED SETTLEMENTS: FORD MOTOR COMPANY V. COMMISSIONER. Ferro, Christopher // Tax Lawyer;Winter95, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p523
Focuses on the accrual of deductions in connection with structured settlements in the United States. Details of the Ford Motor Co. versus Commissioner case; Settlements between tortfeasors and claimants; Computation for taxable income.
- Deja vu at Ford assembly plant. KNIGHT, MERIBAH // Crain's Chicago Business;11/17/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p0001
The article focuses on a class-action lawsuit alleging sexual harassment and discrimination filed against automobile manufacturer Ford Motor Co.'s assembly plant in Chicago, Illinois in 2014. Topics discussed include the company's claim that it enforced zero-tolerance anti-harassment policy...
- Weak harassment policy could be costly for managers. McLaughlin // Inside Tucson Business;09/13/99, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p26
Discusses the importance of the effective promotion and enforcement of a company's sexual harassment policy, in view of the Ford Motor Co. settlement with federal regulators recent to September 13, 1999. Establishment of a standard of evaluating supervisors' rigor on enforcing harassment...