On the case
- Q&A with Alan Hiebert. // FoodService Director;3/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p8
The article presents an interview with Alan Hiebert, an education information analyst at the International Dairy Deli Bakery Association, on the purchasing of deli meat in the food service sector. Hiebert tells the amount of meat that an operator should buy, the form and package size. He also...
- Plating protein. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jun2008, Vol. 107 Issue 6, pF2
The article offers ways to maximize the use of beef and cut cost in food service. Sean Brock, executive chef at McCrady's, use lamb neck and grass-fed beef. AI' Beef uses top butt cut to stretch the beef for their sandwich. Rogue Distillery and Public House uses American Kobe beef, which is high...
- Game Fare. LeBrun, Fred // New York State Conservationist;Dec99, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p9
Provides information on how to cook and prepare frozen meat. Brief information on freezer burn and the effect of air on food; Warnings in preparing frozen meat; Pros and cons of smoker preparation and crock pot cooking.
- Correlations Regarding Microbial Contamination Level and Oxidative Spoilage in Frozen Beef, Pork, Poultry and Fish Meat. VIDA, Silviu; DAN, Sorin Daniel; PINTEA, Adela; MIHAIU, Marian; TABARAN, Alexandra // Bulletin of the University of Agricultural Sciences & Veterinary;2015, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p396
Studies concerning food safety and meat quality have increased considerably over the past few years. Lipids oxidation represents one major cause of sensorial changes and quality loss of meat. Also, is responsible for reducing the shelf life, being influenced by the temperature and time of meat...
- A breathable film that blooms. // National Provisioner;Dec2001, Vol. 215 Issue 12, p66
Features the WalkiFreeze, a cost-effective wrapping film that holds the bloom on frozen meat products. Combination of strength and puncture resistance with clarity and breathability; Significance of the gauge control for bone-in applications; Availability of the film in several gauges depending...
- Why frozen meat is better. LeVaux, Ari // Missoula Independent;5/23/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p24
The article focuses on the nutritional value of frozen meat and discusses various health aspects related to frozen meat.
- A Message From Habitat For Safe Seniors. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);6/10/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p3
The article presents a message from the executive director of Habitat for Safe Seniors in Texas regarding the request of SA Food Bank for a large semi full of frozen meats on June 20, 2009.
- There's Still Plenty of Sizzle in Frozen Meats. Merli, Richard // Frozen Food Age;Jun99, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p32
Deals with the growth of the frozen meat category in the United States. Sales performance of the category in 1997 and 1998; Total amount spent by the average shoppers on frozen meat; Factors that drive the category's growth; Key to success in the sub-category of frozen sausages.
- Buy beef in bulk. // Missoula Independent;8/12/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p20
The article inquires about the attitudes of consumers in buying frozen meat.