- McCORMICK FLAVOR BY DESIGN PROGRAM. // Restaurant Business;5/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p80
McCormich's menu-building program includes items like recipe booklets such as Designer Sides and One-Dish Designs and an interactive CD that allows for recipe customization. The program is designed to highlight spice and seasoning potential.
- CALIFORNIA AVOCADO COMMISSION RECIPES. // Restaurant Business;3/1/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p50
The article focuses on some of the innovative avocado desserts such as Avocado, Pineapple& Citrus Sorbet, Honeyed Avocado Mango Crepes and Avocado Kumquat Sorbet.
- Enhance flavor with teriyakiâ€¦KIKKOMAN. Fernberg, Pat // Food Management;May2003, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p104
This article presents information about the booklet 'Taste of Teriyaki' from Kikkoman to help operators incorporate teriyaki into all parts of the menu. The colorful booklet contains foodservice tips and recipe ideas from Tomato-Ginger Chutney to Kiwi-Pineapple Dessert Salsa. The product lineup...
- The Recipes. // Restaurant Business;10/1/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 16, p60
Presents recipes of several dishes. Ingredients of the dishes; Procedure for preparation of the dishes.
- FOR DISHES ALL-DAY: EGGS CENTER STAGE. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p114
Covers the use of eggs by food service providers in their menu. Information on the sizes of eggs; Sample recipe of cookery using eggs; Average price of foods with egg ingredients.
- CHEF'S SECRET. Szathmáry, Louis // Saturday Evening Post;Fall1972, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p30
Presents a narrative of the author's views on good cooking. Importance of constant training and devotion to cooking; Food colors preferred based on research; Rules for preparing meats; Purpose of sauces; Suggestions for cooking rice and pasta.
- Harvest in Beantown. // Restaurant Business;10/15/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p59
This article focuses on a recipe of vegetable stew conceived by chef Gordon Hamersley of Bistro, Boston. According to Hamersley he'll prepare this dish in individual porcelain dishes and serve it as part of my tasting menu or alongside roast chicken. Hamersley notes, adding that he can easily...
- Between the Covers. // Restaurant Business;3/1/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p42
The article reports that in their restaurant kitchens, chefs are often heard barking orders at line cooks and serving staff to make sure a dish is executed correctly and delivered to the customer with finesse. But as the latest batch of chef-authored cookbooks reveals, these seemingly tough...
- Extreme Food Vacation. Forman, Janet // Restaurant Business;May2006, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p40
The article focuses on the eateries in Southeast Asia and the wide range of food items served by them. For those with a passion for food, a visit to almost anyplace on the Asian continent can be life changing. Yet, few experiences can rival a journey through Southeast Asia, where eateries from...