- Inherently Safer Design. Hendershot, Dennis C. // Professional Safety;Feb2011, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p48
The article discusses the philosophy of inherently safer design (ISD) among hazardous chemicals facilities. It examines the key ISD elements including the minimization, substitution, moderation, and simplification of the facility. Particular focus is also given to the process's life cycle that...
- "How do I light my kitchen?" –Libby Woodson Tallahassee, Florida. KOPF, JENNIFER // Southern Living;Feb2013, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p42
An answer is presented to a question on lighting systems for home kitchens, with information on the spacing of recessed overhead lights, hanging lights over kitchen island counters, suggestions for light fixtures, and lights under upper cabinetry for proper lighting while cooking.
- How to Light Hazardous Environments. Henry, Steven L. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Oct2009, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p16
The article offers tips related to proper lighting, safe electrical installation and operation in order to achieve optimal plant safety and efficiency. It cites three classes of hazardous environment combustible dusts and flammable gases and vapors that are identified by the National Electrical...
- MOTOR POOL POINTERS! // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jul2013, Issue 728, p56
The article offers tips on how to avoid motor pool mishaps. It says that inspections in areas where hazardous materials are stored should be done frequently to prevent potential fire hazards. It mentions that gasoline and gasoline by-products should not be stored inside the maintenance or...
- Keys to a classy kitchen. NASH, STEPH // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2015, Issue 183, p57
The article discusses trends in kitchen design in Australia, based from the 2015 Melbourne Home Show, and mentions topics including industrial lighting, hybrid kitchen benchtops and entertainment systems in the kitchen area.
- NEMA Publishes Limits on Mercury Content in Self-ballasted CFLs. // Lighting Design & Application;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p21
The article provides information on the LL 8-2008 "Limits on Mercury Content in Self-ballasted Compact Fluorescent Lamps" published by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA). It was published as a result of discussions with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The...
- Safe and Sound. // Old House Journal;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses an article on how to handle ladders properly and kitchen ideas.
- Labelmaster sets Dangerous Goods Instructors Symposium for September. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;8/13/2014, p1
The article reports on the 9th annual Dangerous Goods Instructors Symposium (DGIS) to be organized by Labelmaster, a provider of solutions for hazardous material transport compliance, on September 3-5, 2014 at the W Hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- An initiative of substance. // Works Management;Mar2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the launching of the European Week for Safety and Health program in Europe. Management of hazardous substances in the workplace; Prevention of illness in the offices; Protection of employees from risks.