A Heritage Carved In Wood
- WHICH AUTHORITY ON REFINSHING FURNITURE D'YA LIKE. // New Yorker;10/9/1971, Vol. 47 Issue 34, p157
An excerpt from "The Easy Expert in Collecting and Restoring American Antiques" about refinishing furniture is presented.
- 5 EASY STEPS TO BEAUTIFULLY REFINISHED FURNITURE. Hufnagel, James A. // Better Homes & Gardens;Jul1985, Vol. 63 Issue 7, Special section p1
The article offers tips for refinishing furniture. A mild detergent solution may be used to determine the old finish of a furniture. For scratches, wood stain, special wax or shellac sticks may be used as touch-up. Several types of stripping formulas that may be used include liquid removers,...
- The latest in countertop trends. // Wood Digest;Mar2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p34
The article provides information on countertop products that can be customized and personalized. Nowadays, demand for customized products is increasing. According to the International Solid Surface Fabricators Associations, most homeowners demand for custom features like built-in drainboards,...
- WORKSHOP TIPS. // British Woodworking;Feb/Mar2010, Issue 16, p22
The article offers tips and techniques for an easier and more efficient woodwork. It mentions that in the absence of router tables and holding down devices, one can use a strip of timber to the dimensions of the un-moulded timber and push the lengths of wood through the tunnel. Another affirms...
- Six steps to a productive touch-up program. Pishl, Adam // Wood Digest's Finishing;May/Jun2006, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses the factors that must be considered when planning for a productive wood furniture repair. There are two methods of repair that can be used: the traditional American method and the German method. Deciding which product line to be used is an important phase of the initiative....
- A 50-Year Finish--NO Waiting! Dresdner, Michael // Woodworker's Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p104
The article presents questions and answers related to furniture making and finishing, including how to get a fifty year finish without waiting for as much time, ways of restoring cedar wood ceilings, and renewing the aroma of cedar wood.
- ENSURING SUCCESSFUL FURNITURE FINISHES. // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2011, Issue 5745, p20
The article reports on the importance for furniture companies to use the right finishing materials in their products. It advises the need for furniture designers and manufacturers to consider the durability and performance of their product finishes to ensure resistance to scratching, sunlight,...
- Bench Work. López-Cordero, Mario // House Beautiful;Oct2005, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p120
Details the transformation of a dilapidated outdoor wooden bench into a mudroom centerpiece. Description of the bench prior to its refurbishment; Color scheme used in the refinishing of the furniture; Upholstery used in the seating.
- Moving Backward in Time. Hawkins, Diane // Miniature Collector;Nov2007, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p30
The article shares the author's refined miniature dollhouse, which she made together with her daughter. It provides information about the refinishing of the dollhouse which took about two years. It explores each room of the dollhouse, which was carpeted in one color or another with velvet. The...