- PEOPLE. // National Catholic Reporter;10/3/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p6
Reports career developments related to the Catholic Church as of October 2003. Resignation of Bishop Walter F. Sullivan from the Richmond, Virginia diocese; Award given to Catherine Bertini, undersecretary general for the United Nations; Accusation of sexual misconduct against Italian priest...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p162
Reports developments in food service in the U.S. as of June 2002. Appointments made by PepsiCo. Inc. in connection with its creation of a new division; Position of Larry Cirina at Hunt-Wesson Foodservice; Award presented to Unilever Bestfoods Foodservice chef Steven Jilleba.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/3/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 49, p16
Reports developments related to food service in United States as of December 2001. Selection of Richard Conway as sales manager for food division in Cooper Instrument Corp.; Announcement of the winners for Editor's Choice Award; Categories of the Editor's Choice Award.
- people & business. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2014, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p74
The article announces awardees and hirings in the healthcare sector including Mary Roch Rocklage with the Catholic Health Association Lifetime Achievement Award, Mark Nichols hired as Starr Regional Medical Center chief executive, and Donald R. Gintzig hired as WakeMed Health president.
- THE IN-BOX. // Prepared Foods;Feb2003, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the appointments in the foodservices industry as of February 2003. Person who is selected by the Robertet Flavors Inc., Piscataway, New Jersey to be the director of corporate technology; Manager selected for ingredient marketing by Midwest Dairy Association, an affiliate of Dairy...
- milestones. // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
The article announces appointments and awards in the food service sector of the U.S., including the hiring of Jeff Mills by the public schools in Washington, D.C., the granting of the Chef Professionalism award to Douglas Patten and the District of Excellence award given to Dallas Independent...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/04/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p45
Presents news briefs concerning food service in the United States as of September 4, 2000. Appointment of George Holm as executive vice president at U.S. Foodservice; Coca-Cola's among of Nick Bishop as vice president, consumer connections; Alliant Exchange Inc.s naming of Matthew Zimmerman as...
- Seven Deadly Hiring Mistakes. Lousig-Nont, Gregory // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct2000, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p46
Presents a list of common mistakes made by food service companies in hiring employees. Disadvantages in hiring employees based on job interview results; Errors in the use of intuition; Use of character references as a basis for employment.
- What's your candidate's food safety IQ? Kinnear, James // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on the incorporation of food handling questions when interviewing potential employees for the food service industry. Importance of the applicant's knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation guidelines; Use of a structured interviewing process; Categories of interview questions.