- K-State Composting Brings Food Waste Full Circle. // FoodService Director;6/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p6
The article offers information on a new composting program at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas in 2009. It notes that this program is expected to bring Campus dining's food waste full circle. The dining services of K-State has collaborated with the campus' student farm and the...
- Lynchburg College runs 700 events a year. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p106
Features Catering Service's food service operations at the Lynchburg College in Virginia. Catering to the universities' various events; Handling a variety of events in the on-campus areas; Revision of standardized menus for internal and external events; Benefits of cross-training the personnel...
- BRANDED PIZZA GIVES BOOST: Indiana U. adds Papa John's in arenas. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the increase in concession sales at Indiana University's Assembly hall in 2000 with the addition of Papa John's Pizza in snack stands at the basketball arena. Percent increase in concession sales; Food and snacks served at the basketball arena; Information on the expansion of the...
- MarketCapsule: CHALLENGES IN COLLEGE CATERING. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Reports the growth in the catering revenues of colleges and universities in the United States as of April 2000.
- TEN WAYS TO BREAK IN TO THE STUDENT MARKET. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/25/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4670, p32
The article presents suggestions on how college caterers can attract more students.
- Keying in on the seasons. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p84
Focuses on the catering business at several universities and colleges in the United States. Percentage of the University of Georgia in Athens' catering service delivered outside the campus; Peak season for Ashland University in Ohio's catering business; Catering departments at the University of...
- NACUFS survey finds campus recycling is a one way street. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/01/97, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p16
Reports on a survey by the National Association of College and University Food Services' (NACUFS) on the recycling policies of foodservice departments in colleges and universities in the United States. Lack of policy requiring the foodservice departments to purchase items made with recycled...
- School District Caters Its Way to an Extra $100k. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the growth of extra revenue for in-house food service departments at Cartwright School, Arizona K-8 School District, driven by the aggressive promotion of its catering program.
- TUCO APPOINTS DAVID NUTTALL AS REGIONAL CHAIR. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/13/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4807, p45
The article announces that David Nuttall has been named general catering manager at Harper-Adams University in Newport, England.