Two MA hospitals commit to sustainable foods
- Michigan Hospitals Pledge Healthy Changes. // Food Management;Jun2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the move of 50 hospitals across Michigan regarding the voluntary Healthy Food Hospitals initiative which addresses healthy eating issues.
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- Making anything portable. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
Offers a look at the breakfast service of three hospital cafeterias in the United States. Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida; Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; North Shore University Hospital in Plainview, New York.
- Flame on! Clancy, Ambrose // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/10/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 36, p1A
The article focuses on the meals offered at the hospitals in the U.S. According to the author, executive chef of RMS Queen Mary II Jean-Marie Zimmerman has created more than 70 creative dishes for both St. Catherine's and Mercy Hospital with future plans for more taste-bud sensation to be served...
- YOUR TURN: WHO'S TO BLAME? Pond, James // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p28
Comments on speculations over the parties responsible for the growth in the number of obesity cases in the U.S. Criticisms received by the food service industry regarding their role in the issue; Difficulties faced by hospital cafeterias in providing healthier options for patients.
- Going beyond turkey club. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on deli food operations in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport's offering of low fat deli meats; Health Choice meat products offered at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center's main cafeteria;...
- The heart of the matter: Study on trans fat makes blood curdle but accelerates change. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;2/20/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p27
The article presents a survey released by the Center for Science in the Public Interest which shows that top hospitals in the U.S. were serving their staff, visitors and some patients foods prepared with partially hydrogenated oil. Trans fat is known to attack heart in a two-pronged fashion....
- Fewer menu choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p110
Reports on trends in food service in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Introduction of beef dishes at Presbyterian Medical Center; Offering of traditional food fare at The Grace Plaza of Great Neck; Regularly menued beef items.
- Elliot Takes Nutrition to the Community. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p16
The article reports that the Food and Nutrition Services department at Elliot Hospital has launched a program that educates adults and children in New Hampshire's Manchester area on how to shop, cook and eat more healthfully. The program, called Cook Better, Live Better, is two years old now and...