Eating better on the Railroad
- GROCERY PICK-UP, PRE-PLATED MEALS: B&Is offering more perks. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p1
Reports on a food service package for employees as offered by Guckenheimer Inc. in Redwood Shores, California. Planned expansion of the project.
- IN REMOTE ARIZONA: Guckenheimer meets unique challenges at power plant. Bond, Marion // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the challenges of providing food service at Palo Verde Nuclear Station in Phoenix, Arizona as faced by Guckenheimer Inc. Estimated number of employees served; Adjustment with working hours; Average costs of food; Quality goal.
- Gearing-up to go national. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p58
Features Redwood Shores, California-based food service contractor Guckenheimer Enterprises. Gross annual sales; Number of facilities operated; Price per share of stock; Management philosophy; Expansion plans according to George Maciag, president and chief operating officer. INSETS: Bidding on...
- Bailey Back With New Contractor. // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the return of Michael Bailey to contract food service with the formation of the Trusthouse Services Group. The new company, which Bailey formed in partnership with Gryphon Investors of San Francisco, California was created through the acquisition of two small regional...
- Inside-the-park home run: Crti Field fare batting 1,000, operators say. Dempsey, Mike // Nation's Restaurant News;5/18/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p6
The article reports on the partnerships between Aramark Corp. and food service operators Danny Meyer, Drew Nieporent, and Dave Pasternack for the food concepts in Citi Field stadium in New York City. It notes that Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group LLC (USHG) will feature its hamburger and...
- Caterers get behind School Meals Matter. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/12/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4618, p8
The article reports that the contract food service of Great Britain will support the School Meals Matter campaign.
- Report Examines School Contract Issues. // Food Management;May2010, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the findings of the study conducted by the consulting firm Clarion Group which shows that food service contract companies operating in New Jersey schools are overcharging their districts for workers compensation and liability insurance.
- IN 5-YR., $350-MIL. DISTRIBUTION PACT: Guckenheimer, Alliant link. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the distribution agreement signed by Guckenheimer Enterprises Inc. with Alliant Foodservice Inc. Terms of the agreement; Value of the deal.
- At California's Sun Microsystems: `Foodservice makes life more convenient'. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p53
Reports on Sun Microsystems Inc.'s and Guckenheimer Enterprises Ltd.'s plan to convert its menu service into a more upscale operation. Sun Microsystems' consideration of a move toward a home-meal replacement program; Guckenheimer's operation of the Gypsy Cafe and the JavaJava Bistro; Upscale...