Eating better on the Railroad
- GROCERY PICK-UP, PRE-PLATED MEALS: B&Is offering more perks. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p1
Reports on a food service package for employees as offered by Guckenheimer Inc. in Redwood Shores, California. Planned expansion of the project.
- IN REMOTE ARIZONA: Guckenheimer meets unique challenges at power plant. Bond, Marion // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the challenges of providing food service at Palo Verde Nuclear Station in Phoenix, Arizona as faced by Guckenheimer Inc. Estimated number of employees served; Adjustment with working hours; Average costs of food; Quality goal.
- Gearing-up to go national. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p58
Features Redwood Shores, California-based food service contractor Guckenheimer Enterprises. Gross annual sales; Number of facilities operated; Price per share of stock; Management philosophy; Expansion plans according to George Maciag, president and chief operating officer. INSETS: Bidding on...
- Tardy Union Pacific gathering stream. Esposito, Frank; Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;2/9/1998, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p4
Reports that Union Pacific Railroad Company is improving delivery speeds of plastic products. Information on Union Pacific's average train velocity; Views of plastics and chemical industry officials; Creation of methods to measure service quality.
- Union Pacific's Oregon Trail. Brehm, Kyle // Trains;Aug97, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the daily problems encountered by an estimated 40 Union Pacific trains in the Blue Mountains. Information on the first major track improvement in early 1991; Examination into the train dispatch system; Information on the scheduled improvement of Union Pacific. INSETS: A young...
- Push-button technology: How distributed power works on the UP. Brehm, Kyle // Trains;Aug97, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p43
Focuses on technology used by Union Pacific in the Blue Mountain with General Electric (GE) Harris equipment, Locotrol III. How many helpers can the Locotrol LSI system use; What is the function of the locomotive system; What is the advantage of operating remote units in the Blue Mountain.
- Roadside electrics in corn country. Zimmerman, Karl // Trains;Aug97, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p64
States that there are a lot of diminutive electric freight motors scattered about the yard of Clear Lake Junction just feet away from a switch leading to an interchange with Union Pacific. Information on the investments made by Harold C. Boyer in the electric railroad; Background information on...
- Bailey Back With New Contractor. // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the return of Michael Bailey to contract food service with the formation of the Trusthouse Services Group. The new company, which Bailey formed in partnership with Gryphon Investors of San Francisco, California was created through the acquisition of two small regional...
- Inside-the-park home run: Crti Field fare batting 1,000, operators say. Dempsey, Mike // Nation's Restaurant News;5/18/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p6
The article reports on the partnerships between Aramark Corp. and food service operators Danny Meyer, Drew Nieporent, and Dave Pasternack for the food concepts in Citi Field stadium in New York City. It notes that Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group LLC (USHG) will feature its hamburger and...