- Larry Flax and Rick Rosenfield. Coomes, Steve // Nation's Restaurant News;4/21/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 16, p30
The article profiles Larry Flax and Rick Rosenfield, co-founders and co-chief executives of the Los Angeles-based California Pizza Kitchen Inc., and discusses their participation in the company's food development process. It explores how Flax, Rosenfield and Brian Sullivan, the senior vice...
- Jennifer Sparks. Freeman, Michael // Adweek Southeast Edition;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 49, media all stars p60
Features Jennifer Sparks, media supervisor of Colby, Effler & Partner for the California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) account. Description of the CPK advertisement; Competition of CPK with The 99 Cent Store; Impacts of the advertisement to customers and other establishments.
- CPK gets adventurous in D.C. test. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/23/95, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p14
Reports on California Pizza Kitchen's testing of its first advertising campaign in Washington D.C. Description of the advertisements; Tag line.
- California pizza kitchen: Portobello pizza. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/18/98, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p162
Features the California Pizza Kitchen Inc. (CPK), which has been honored by the `Nation's Restaurant News' with the best menu/line extension for its portobello pizza. Role of CPK co-chairmen Larry Flax and Rick Rosenfield in product development; Philosophy behind the restaurant; Ingredients of...
- CPK taps Marsh for R.E., Sugueti for ops VP posts. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p95
Reports the appointment of Cal N. Marsh as director of real estate at the food service company California Pizza Kitchen Inc. in California.
- CPK appoints Jenneman senior VP. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/20/99, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p32
Reports on the appointment of Tom Jenneman as senior vice president of real estate and chief development officer at California Pizza Kitchen Inc.
- HMSHost improves foreign presence with concessions deal at Athens airport. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/15/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p18
Reports that HMSHost has acquired a multi-year deal to manage three food service facilities at Athens International Airport in Greece. Significance of the deal for the company; Scheduled opening for the planned units; Menus for the three concepts.
- Toasting Take-off. Crecca, Donna Hood // Cheers;May2007, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p40
The article details the strategy of HMSHost in capitalizing on the changing environment of U.S. airports to provide creative, cutting-edge dining and drinking concepts to airport travelers. The company is a foodservice and retail venue operator based in Bethesda, Maryland. Total annual sales of...
- SWOT Analysis. // California Pizza Kitchen, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Nov2005, p5
The article analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of restaurant services firm California Pizza Kitchen Inc. It also provides insight into the company's opportunities and threats. The strengths of California Pizza include balanced menu mix, strong position in the casual dining market and ability...