SODEXHO TO RUN RESTAURANT IN HISTORIC CHURCH
- Sodexo loses Gloucestershire schools deal to Edwards & Ward. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/15/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 4560, p6
The article reports on the anger felt by contract caterer Sodexo after losing the school meals contract in Gloucestershire, England, to independent caterer Edwards & Ward Ltd. It states that Sodexo lost the contract after claiming that it was impossible to comply with the council's contractual...
- Bombed out German landmark remerges fro its rubble. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/06/98, Vol. 241 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the reconstruction of German church destroyed and bombed during the 1945 World War II. Cost of the reconstruction of the church; Information on the church; Details and description of the church.
- Remodeling renews house of worship. O'Dea, Teresa // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Nov2000, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p18
Describes the remodeling of the Deliverance Temple Christian Center in Capitol Heights, Maryland. Ventilation of the bumpout at the top, sides and bottom; Utilization of the five-part Weather Stopper Roofing System in the reconstruction; Installation of a two-ply Styrene-Butadiene-Styrene...
- Building Blocks. Postma, Gayla R. // Your Church;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p10
Gives pieces of advice on renovating church buildings. Solutions for the accessible problem of a church; Proper way to renovate an old church into a contemporary building; Advantages of a multipurpose facility. INSET: Case Study More Than a Face-lift.
- Church rehab. Hancock, John L. // Your Church;May/June97, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p10
Discusses factors to consider when planning to renovate a church building. Finishing of original plans; Response to growth of congregation; Aging buildings; Renovation options; Hiring of specialists; Do-it-yourself project.
- Resurrecting the past. Sanicki, Jennifer L. // Stone World;Jul98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p64
Reports on the restoration of the SS Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church in Brooklyn, New York, following its destruction by fire in 1991. What caused the fire; Work done by architect Stephen Papadatos; When construction began; Materials being used for building.
- Divine Intervention. Renzi, Jen // Interior Design;Aug2001, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p242
Focuses on the renovation of Our Lady of Lebanon church in New York, New York. Creation of administrative offices for the chancery; installation of lights; Restoration of the historic elements at the church.
- There goes the church. Aultman-Moore, Virginia // Commonweal;04/24/98, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p31
Looks at the possibility of the Saint Ursula parish in Pursglove, West Virginia of closing. Factors that may lead to the closing; How the church was revived in 1994; How the parishioners went about defending their church before an administrator from the diocese of Wheeling/Charleston.
- Purchasing peace of mind. // Your Church;May/June97, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p18
Highlights ways for determining a trustworthy contractor for church building renovations. Manner of payment for the project; References of completed work.