SIX STATES RATE AN "A" FOR CHILDHOOD OBESITY EFFORTS
- Halting the childhood obesity epidemic requires support of many communities. Kind, Ron // Hill;2/8/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p20
The article presents information on the growing concern over childhood obesity epidemic, and that it requires support of many communities to stop it.
- Use of BMI as a measure of overweight and obesity in a field study on 5—7 year old children. Mast, M.; Langnäse, K.; Labitzke, K.; Bruse, U.; Preuß, U.; Müller, M. J. // European Journal of Nutrition;2002, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p61
Summary Objective The present field study examines the use of BMI in comparison with estimates of percent fat mass to screen for overweight and obesity in children. Design Cross-sectional field study. Setting Four waves of children 1996â€“1999 at Kiel, North West Germany. Subjects A...
- Facts About Childhood Obesity and Overweightness. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p52
Reprints the article `Facts About Childhood Obesity and Overweightness,' which appeared on the October 27, 1998 issue of `Fact Sheet' distributed at the Symposium on Childhood Obesity: Causes and Prevention.
- Agreeing on what's best for children. Wootan, Margo G.; Izzo, Hank // Hill;3/23/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p36
In this article the author discusses the rising rate of childhood obesity and the need for legislation to address the problem by the U.S. President Barack Obama administration.
- Childhood Obesity: Finding a More Cost-Effective Treatment Approach. // Eating Disorders Review;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p4
Discusses a study on cost-effective treatment approach for treating childhood obesity.
- weighty issues. Toomey, Sophie // Australian Table;Dec2002, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p42
Discusses the issue of childhood obesity in Australia. Major factor in childhood obesity; Percentage of children between the ages of two and 18 that are overweight; Consequences of childhood obesity for society and individuals.
- Childhood obesity: time for action, not complacency. Fruhbeck, Gema // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/05/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7231, p328
Talks about the global prevalence of obesity in children and adolescents. Method for classifying obesity; Prevention and treatment of obesity; Things that should be included in evaluating obese children; Key settings for implementing childhood obesity management support programs.
- Guidelines for Childhood Obesity Prevention Programs: Promoting Healthy Weight in Children. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p1
These guidelines for obesity prevention programs encourage a health-centered, rather than weight-centered, approach that focuses on the whole child, physically, mentally, and socially. The emphasis is on living actively, eating in normal and healthful ways, and creating a nurturing environment...
- Ontario government debates bill to ban food ads aimed at kids. // Active Living;May2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the introduction of a private member's bill by Rosario Marchese that would ban advertising of food and drinks targeting children under the age of 13 in Ontario. He claims that the proliferation of advertisements for calorie-dense and nutrient-poor foods warranted serious...