IFMA announces Silver Plate winners
- John Holeman. Lawn, John // Food Management;May2007, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p46
The article announces that John Holeman has received the International Food Manufacturers Association Silver Plate award from "Food Management."
- A Life Far Less Ordinary. King, Paul // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p29
The author reflects on the accomplishment of Pavel Matustik, the executive director of the Santa Clarita Valley School Food Service Agency, in the non-commercial food segment in the U.S. He describes the experiences of Matustik under the communist government of Czechoslovakia. He recounts how...
- People, Places & Things. // Southeast Food Service News;Mar2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p4
The article offers information related to food service industry such as the awards given to the leading chefs in Southeast America, career developments, and the death of Anthony Crusco. It states that John Michael Lynch of Cherokee Town and Country Club has been awarded as chef of the year. It...
- Change of Plans. Reill, Howard // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p30
The article reports on the rehabilitation of the cafeteria at a multi-tenant building at 300 Apollo Drive in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. The cafÃ© is operated by Corporate Chefs, a food management firm from Haverhill, Massachusetts. The new cafeteria is housed in the center wing of the...
- Flik International's Spring Expo. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/31/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p24
Focuses on the Flik International Corp.'s annual Spring Exposition held in New York. Estimated number of chefs, managers and associates of Flik that participated in the exposition; Aim of the exposition to educate Flik Associates on the ways that they can distinguish Flik from other food...
- What makes a "Best Onsite concept"? // Food Management;Jan2007, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p24
The article presents an invitation for nomination for the Best Onsite Concepts competition by the "Food Management" periodical.
- Brandie Awards. // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p28
Features the `Food Management' magazine's Third Annual Brandie Awards.
- NRN names '97 Golden Chain winners. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/19/97, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the winners of the `Nation's Restaurant News' Golden Chain Awards for foodservice management in the United States for 1997. Description of the awards; Categories; Names of the winners and their group affiliation.
- What Traits Do You Look For and What Do You Expect from a Store Manager? // Gourmet Retailer;Nov2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p36
Cites qualities sought after in store managers in the food service. Leadership traits; Training experience; Communication skills; Social skills; Willingness to accept responsibility and work with a high level of accountability; Commitment to the company's mission; Ability to take a proactive...