PEOPLE ON THE MOVE
- Kley Elected President of the German Chemical Industry Association (VCI). // Chemical Business;Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p62
The article announces that Merck executive board chairman Karl-Ludwig Kley has been elected president of the German Chemical Industry Association.
- In brief. // Airline Business;Nov2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p79
Presents an update on the selection and appointment of employees in the airline industry as of November 2002. Karl-Ludwig Kley at Lufthansa; Barry Eccleston at Honeywell; Douglas Shockey at Pinnacle Airlines.
- Merck KGaA's Kley elected VCI president. // Chemical Week;10/15/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 26, p5
The article reports that Karl-Ludwig Kley has been elected president of the German chemical industry association VCI as of October 6, 2012.
- Untitled. Richardson, John // ICIS Chemical Business;11/10/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 16, p1
Several photographs of petroleum chemicals executives at the 2014 ICIS Kavaler Award event are presented including Jim Gallogly, Jay Thompson, and Lisa Cradit.
- Merck KGaA Completes Millipore Acquisition and Launches New Merck Millipore Division. // China Chemical Reporter;10/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p15
The article announces that Merck KGaA completed the acquisition of Millipore Corp. in Billerica, Massachusetts. According to Dr. Karl-Ludwig Kley, chairman of Merck Executive Board, the company completed its purchase of Millipore worth seven billion dollars, including its debt and cash....
- Mylan buys Merck Generics for Â¬4.9bn. Williams, Dede; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 67, p11
The article reports on the sale of the generic drugs business of Merck to Mylan Laboratories for â‚¬4.9 billion. Merck plans to use the proceeds to pay down debt of â‚¬ 5.5 billion, stemming mostly from last year's takeover of Swiss biologicals producer Serono. Newly appointed chief...
- BMS targets significantly lower energy consumption in chemical production. // Paintindia;Jun2014, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p146
The article reports developments in the operation of materials maker Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) as of mid-2014, particularly its goal to reduce its energy consumption in chemical production. The company has gradually introduced its STRUCTese energy management system to achieve said objective....
- BMS ENDS SHORT-TIME WORK AS ORDERS IMPROVE. // Urethanes Technology International;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the decision of Bayer MaterialScience AG (BMS) to end reduced working hours at its sites in Germany and return to a standard working week of 37.5 hours, which will be effective from November 1, 2009. Labour director at BMS Tony Van Osselaer says that the reason for the...
- New chairman for Merck. // European Pharmaceutical Executive;Jun2007, p10
The article reports on the speech of former chairman Michael RÃ¶mer of Merck KGaA during at the annual general meeting (AGM) on April 27, 2007 in Germany. He discussed about the success of the company in the biopharmaceutical sector when it acquired Serono Inc. Furthermore, he stated the new...