PEOPLE ON THE MOVE
- Kley Elected President of the German Chemical Industry Association (VCI). // Chemical Business;Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p62
The article announces that Merck executive board chairman Karl-Ludwig Kley has been elected president of the German Chemical Industry Association.
- In brief. // Airline Business;Nov2002, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p79
Presents an update on the selection and appointment of employees in the airline industry as of November 2002. Karl-Ludwig Kley at Lufthansa; Barry Eccleston at Honeywell; Douglas Shockey at Pinnacle Airlines.
- Merck KGaA's Kley elected VCI president. // Chemical Week;10/15/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 26, p5
The article reports that Karl-Ludwig Kley has been elected president of the German chemical industry association VCI as of October 6, 2012.
- Germany : Merck CEO Karl-Ludwig Kley and German Federal Economics Minister Sigmar Gabriel Commission Co-Generation Plant at the Darmstadt Site. // TendersInfo News;7/30/2014, p1
The article reports on the co-generation plant commissioned by the Chairman of the Executive Board of Merck, Karl-Ludwig Kley, and the German Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy, Sigmar Gabriel at Merck headquarters in Darmstadt.
- Untitled. Richardson, John // ICIS Chemical Business;11/10/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 16, p1
Several photographs of petroleum chemicals executives at the 2014 ICIS Kavaler Award event are presented including Jim Gallogly, Jay Thompson, and Lisa Cradit.
- Merck KGaA Completes Millipore Acquisition and Launches New Merck Millipore Division. // China Chemical Reporter;10/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p15
The article announces that Merck KGaA completed the acquisition of Millipore Corp. in Billerica, Massachusetts. According to Dr. Karl-Ludwig Kley, chairman of Merck Executive Board, the company completed its purchase of Millipore worth seven billion dollars, including its debt and cash....
- Mylan buys Merck Generics for Â¬4.9bn. Williams, Dede; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 67, p11
The article reports on the sale of the generic drugs business of Merck to Mylan Laboratories for â‚¬4.9 billion. Merck plans to use the proceeds to pay down debt of â‚¬ 5.5 billion, stemming mostly from last year's takeover of Swiss biologicals producer Serono. Newly appointed chief...
- BMS targets significantly lower energy consumption in chemical production. // Paintindia;Jun2014, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p146
The article reports developments in the operation of materials maker Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) as of mid-2014, particularly its goal to reduce its energy consumption in chemical production. The company has gradually introduced its STRUCTese energy management system to achieve said objective....
- BMS ENDS SHORT-TIME WORK AS ORDERS IMPROVE. // Urethanes Technology International;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the decision of Bayer MaterialScience AG (BMS) to end reduced working hours at its sites in Germany and return to a standard working week of 37.5 hours, which will be effective from November 1, 2009. Labour director at BMS Tony Van Osselaer says that the reason for the...