Asian festivities subdue trade
- PETROCHEMICAL MAKERS HURRY TO PASS ON OIL PRICE HIKES. Hunter, David; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;3/29/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p32
Reports on the response of petrochemical producers to oil price hikes. Increase in price of spot styrene; Expectation of most petrochemical industry observers on the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; Impact of the rapid increase in crude oil prices on petrochemical makers;...
- Styrene markets remain volatile. // European Chemical News;6/16/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2057, p10
Assesses the state of the styrene markets in Europe as of June 16, 2003. Impact of the severe acute respiratory syndrome crisis and the slowdown of polystyrene requirements on the Asian demand for styrene; Result of the uncertainty over crude oil price direction and rising naphtha and benzene...
- Gasoline and crude boost prices. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p42
This article looks at trends and developments in the petrochemical industry as of April 10-16, 2006. Producers nominated a rollover or a one cent/pound rise for April butadiene contracts. The U.S. market recently faced some consolidation in the merchant market as Texas Petrochemicals agreed to...
- Fuel's Gold. Davis, Matt // AutoWeek;5/15/2006, Vol. 56 Issue 20, p10
The article presents information on the fuel prices in the U.S. in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. In the Southern Europe in 2001, before September 11, a U.S. gallon of unleaded was selling for the equivalent of $3.10 in Italy based on an exchange rate of 88 U.S. cents...
- Cheap oil brings no cheer for petchems. // Chemical Week;12/8/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the reaction of European petrochemical produces on the slump in crude oil prices. Decrease of benchmark Brent crude; Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries' failure to agree on output cuts; Drop in naphtha feedstock prices.
- Paraxylene makers seek hike while market is still tight. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;09/08/97, Vol. 252 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the plans to increase contract prices for the petrochemical paraxylene in the United States, for the fourth quarter of 1997. Effects of pressures from Asia on the proposed price increase; Contract nominations issued by key paraxylene manufacturers; Paraxylene prices in the third...
- Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/09/98, Vol. 254 Issue 19, p18
Presents updates on petrochemical prices in the United States, as of November 1998. Includes spot prices for benzene, toluene and xylenes; Contract prices of ethylene; Decline in methanol prices.
- Market briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/08/98, Vol. 253 Issue 23, p14
Presents news briefs related to petrochemical prices in the United States, as of June 8, 1998. Includes Shell Chemical Co. and Union Carbide Corp.'s increase of acetic esters prices; Increase in the off-schedule price for acetone; Pricing of oxo chemicals.
- Calm after the storm. Everett-Heath, Tom // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/19/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 46, p7
Reports on the performance of the Middle East petrochemicals industry in 1999. Decline of oil prices; Collapse of major markets in the Far East; Optimism on the prospects of the industry.