Asian rubber demand hots up
- Bayer negotiates in China on synthetic rubber deal. Warren, J. Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;06/02/97, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the proposed joint venture between Bayer AG and Sinopec Shanghai GaoOaio Petrochemical Corp. to make synthetic rubber in China. Terms of the joint venture contract being negotiated.
- Acetone may have reached its peak. Hwee, Peh Soo; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 53, p37
The article reports that acetone spot prices in China could peak at the 21-month high, with further gains capped by slowing buying momentum ahead of the 2007 Chinese New Year holidays. The upturn was partly due to turnaround in December 2006 at the plant of China's phenol-acetone producer,...
- Infineum Plans China Blending JV. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/17/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p15
Unveils the plan of Infineum company to form a lube additives blending joint venture with Sinopec Shanghai Gao Qiao Petrochemical company in China. Details of the deal; Significance of the move.
- Gaoqiao Expands Phenol Capacity. // China Chemical Reporter;5/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p27
The article reports on the expansion of the 60,000 tonnes per annum (t/a) phenol unit of Sinopec Shanghai Gaoqiao Petrochemical Co. to 100,000 t/a through technical renovations in China.
- Buyers resist hikes in Asia BR price. YAN, HELEN // ICIS Chemical Business;3/18/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 10, p20
The article offers information on the price of butadiene rubber (BR) in Asia wherein buyers are resistant to increases. It mentions that Asian BR producers may find it difficult to increase prices for March 2013 shipments because of the decline in the value of substitute product natural rubber...
- Asia BD may extend falls. YAN, HELEN // ICIS Chemical Business;8/18/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on the expected higher volumes of deep-sea cargoes containing spot butadiene (BD) from Europe, Brazil and the Middle East to be received by Asian countries in September 2014. Topics discussed include the expected continuous decrease in prices of BD due to lower demand and the...
- Taiwanese firm in Chinese SBR venture. // Chemical Week;6/21/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 24, Chemical Week Asia p2
Reports on a Chinese styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) joint venture between Taiwan Synthetic Rubber Corp. (TSRC) and Nan Tong Petrochemical. Approval by the Taiwanese Ministry of Economic Affairs; Investment.
- Gaoqiao to Overhaul Crude Oil Units. // China Chemical Reporter;3/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the efforts of Sinopec subsidiary companies to overhaul their crude oil units in China. Sinopec Shanghai Gaoqiao Petrochemical Co. Ltd. closed its eight million tons per annum crude oil distillation unit to overhaul it in its old site from March 5, 2006. Sinopec Zhenhai...
- Gaoqiao Petrochemical Launches Flue Gas Desulfurization Project. // China Chemical Reporter;1/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the construction of the flue gas desulfurization project of Sinopec Shanghai Gaoqiao Petrochemical Co. Ltd. which started on December 3, 2007 in China. The environmental protection project will help Shanghai to achieve the target of reducing the emission of sulfur dioxide...