Concerns over ETBE switch
- Saudi Arabia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/7/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the progress of a $400 million grassroots methyl tertiary butyl ether project in 2000 in Saudi Arabia. Partnership of Ecofuel, Fortum Group and Alujain Corp.; Gasoline rules of the California Environmental Protection Agency.
- MTBE prices lurch from high to low. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/19/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2163, p12
This article reports on the decline in the prices of European methyl tertiary butyl ether in September 2005. Values have fallen by around $340 per ton since the start of the month. Supplies remain snug, exacerbated by heightened demand as molecules are shipped to the U.S. Gulf Coast where prices...
- Methanol Market Remains Tight but on Scarce Activity. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;8/19/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 6, p8
Reports the demand for methanol products. Increase in the demand for methyl tertiary butyl ether; Price rates for methanol products; Decrease in the supply of methanol.
- MTBE. // European Chemical News;1/27/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2037, p16
Reports the marketing performance of methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE) in the U.S. Usage of MTBE; Supply and demand; Price specification.
- Mexico Investigates MTBE Plant Payments. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;7/24/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 29, p10
Reports on the investigation made by Mexican lawmakers on allegations that Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) paid money for construction of a methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) plant that was never built. Amount paid by Pemex for the construction of the MTBE plant; Companies that originally planned for...
- Outages will prop up prices. Terry, Larry // Chemical Week;8/5/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 29, p32
Reports on the planned outages at methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) plants in Texas during the third quarter of 1998. Details on the plant shutdown of Lyondell Chemical; Details on the off-line of MTBE plant of Texas Petrochemicals Corp. in Houston; Information on the market price of MTBE.
- MTBE prices are 'more realistic'. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;7/5/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2107, p12
Reports on the status of contract pricing for methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) in the European stock market as of July 2004. Factors that affect the contract prices of MTBE; Price per tonne for gasoline and crude products; Information on the production of Lyondell for a batch of ethanol based...
- Jury Faults Companies in MTBE Suit. // Chemical Week;4/24/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 17, p5
Reports that a jury of the California Superior Court in San Francisco, has ruled that Lyondell Chemical, Shell and Phillips Petroleum affiliate Tosco have marketed a gasoline containing methyl tertiary-butyl ether that polluted local drinking water supplies. Purpose of the lawsuit filed by the...
- PRESIDENT Q&A Bob Slaughter, president of the National Petrochemical & Refiners Association. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/28/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 13, p20
Interviews Bob Slaughter, president of the National Petrochemical and Refiners Association (NPRA). Cause of imbalance in natural gas demand and supply; Steps NPRA is asking U.S. Congress to restore balance and bring gas prices back to predictable market levels; Limited liability waiver;...