- NEWS IN BRIEF. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;1/12/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2082, p12
Presents news briefs related to the chemical industry as of January 2004. Update on chlorine production in Europe; Amount of increase in polyethylene terephthalate resins production targeted by Dow Chemical in Europe; Completion of the performance test of Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre...
- Dow Plans to Build New Chlor-Alkali Plant in Texas. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;2/4/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the plan of Dow Chemical to build a new chlor-alkali plant in Freeport, Texas that is due to start up in 2011. According to the company, the unit will provide a long-term, reliable supply of chlorine for derivatives products and it will replace several older chlor-alkali...
- Production Slumps in the Americas. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;7/4/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 26, p75
Reports that operating rates in the chlor-alkali plants in North and South America were pulled down due to weak chlorine demand in May 2001. Statistics from the Chlorine Institute; Decline in caustic soda contract prices; Reason for the shutdown of a facility of Dow Chemical in Brazil.
- Dow to Idle Latex Plant in Puerto Rico. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;12/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 47, p15
Reports on the plan of Dow Chemical to idle its Ucar Emulsion Systems latex plant in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Reason for the move; Implications; Information on the Bayamon plant.
- Dow Plans $315 MM Chloralkali Upgrade at Louisiana Plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/22/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the plans of Dow Chemical Co. to upgrade its chloralkali manufacturing plant in Plaquemine, Louisiana. Increase of the chlorine capacity of the plant; Permit approvals filed by Dow Chemical; Advantages of the plant upgrade.
- ASIA-PACIFIC REPORT. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;04/03/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 14, p26
Reports the construction of a Dow Chemical Company latex plant in Zhangjiagang, China. Production capacity; Increase in China's demand for styrene-butadiene latex; China's consumption of latex in 1999. INSET: Asia in Brief.
- Dow expands cellulosics. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/28/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 13, p2
Reports that the Dow Chemical Co. will be implementing a two-phase 20,000 metric-ton expansion of its Methocel methylcellulose and hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose products. First phase of expansion project at Dow's Stade, Germany facility; Scheduled completion of the project by early 2006; Second...
- Dow to Site 'Replacement' Cracker at Seadrift. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p9
Reports that Dow Chemical Co. will build its planned replacement Gulf Coast cracker at Seadrift, Texas. Annual production capacity at the Seadrift plant; Dow's annual consumption of ethylene in North America; Company's plan to expand connections to Gulf Coast ethylene pipelines and storage...
- Chlor-alkali sector welcomes UNEP decision on global convention on mercury. // Chemical Business;Mar2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p73
The article reports that Euro Chlor, representing the European Chlorine-Alkali industry, together with the global chlorine industry, is supporting efforts through the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) for the protection of the environment and public health. Euro Chlor will be cooperating...