Firms enjoy PO/SM boost
- LYONDELL GETS OK FOR PO/SM FACILITY IN CHINA. White, Liz // Urethanes Technology International;Feb/Mar2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p23
The article reports on the approval received by Lyondell Chemical Co. from the Chinese government, to build a propylene oxide/styrene monomer (PO/SM) with Sinopec Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Co. Ltd (ZRCC). The 227-kilotonnes-per-annum (ktpa) capacity PO facility will be built in Ningbo, China....
- Ningbo ZRCC Lyondell Chemical Sales Company Formed. // China Chemical Reporter;12/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p10
The article reports that Ningbo ZRCC Lyondell Chemical Sales Co. has formed the joint propylene oxide/styrene monomer (POSM) facility project in China. The project is collaborated between Sinopec Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Co. Ltd and Lyondell China Holdings Ltd. which is slated to release...
- Lyondell and ZRCC to Construct POSM Facility in Ningbo. // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p7
The article presents information on a partnership between Lyondell Chemical Co. and Sinopec Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Co. Ltd. for a project to construct a propylene oxide/styrene monomer (POSM) manufacturing plant in Ningbo Shi, China. It is stated that the manufacturing facility is expected...
- Sinopec Zhenhai Inaugurates Production of Ethylene Plant. // China Chemical Reporter;5/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p27
The article reports on the commencement of operation of the ethylene plant of Sinopec Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Co. Ltd. on April 20, 2010 in China.
- Sinopec Ready to Run Zhenhai 1.0 MLN T/A Ethylene Project. // China Chemical Reporter;1/6/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p23
The article reports on the status of the construction of chemical firm Sinopec Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Co. Ltd.'s 1.0 million tons per acre (t/a) ethylene project at Zhenhai, Ningbo in Zhejiang province of China. The company annnouced that the said chemical plant worth 23.5 billion renminbi...
- ZRCC Starts Refining Renovation Project. // China Chemical Reporter;8/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p13
The article provides updates on the renovation to atmospheric distillation unit of Sinopec Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Co. Ltd. (ZRCC) in China. Its capacity will be increased from 5.0 million to 8.0 million ton per annum through the renovation. The renovation is intended to increase the...
- Efficient SM/PO. // Process Engineering;Apr2004, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the opening of a joint-venture plant of Bayer and Lyondell in Maasvlakte, Netherlands. Development of efficient production facility for propylene oxide and styrene monomer; Establishment of economical production process facility; Improvement leading technology and ideal location.
- China's Propylene Oxide Capacity Has Been Excessive. // China Chemical Reporter;1/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses the excess in the propylene oxide (PO) capacity in China, which grew by 230% from 2001 to 2010. It says that PO capacity in 2008 was 1.2 million t/a and it is expected to reach 1.6 million t/a at the end of 2010. It notes that PO demand caused the growth in the PO capacity...
- ...as more PO is planned. Raleigh, Patrick // Urethanes Technology;Oct/Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the plan of Bayer Polymers and Lyondell Chemical Co. to launch their propylene oxide/styrene monomer (PO-11) plant in Rotterdam, Netherlands by 2004. Capacity of the plant; Information on the ownership of the facility; Global demand for PO.