Karnataka mulls petchem agenda
- Steady growth of chemical industries in 1998-99. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p77
Looks at the growth and development of chemical companies in India in 1998 to 1999. Factors contributing to the growth and development of the chemical sector in India; Status of India's exporting of chemical products; Production and consumption of Indian petrochemicals industry; Naphtha cracker...
- PORT FREEPORT'S CHEMICAL REACTION. Bonney, Joseph // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);6/9/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p38
The article looks at the container management expansion of Port Freeport for petrochemical shipments. Topics addressed include the installation of post-Panamax entry cranes to boost container transporting capacity, construction of petrochemical plants within Freeport, Texas by companies like...
- KSIIDC to promote Rs. 4,500-cr naphtha cracker complex. // Chemical Business;Oct95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p18
Reports on Karnataka State Investment and Industrial Development Corporation's plan to promote naphtha cracjer complex in the west coast of India. Calling of competitive bids to implement the project; Need to obtain a letter of intent from the Indian government to develop the complex to...
- Shipping scenario. Sheikh, Rizwan; Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 469, p10
Focuses on the impact of increased petrochemical exportation from the Middle East on global shipping and logistics. Growth in the trade volume between China and the Middle East; Concerns on the proximity of major ports to production centers; Expectation that third party service providers will...
- Bangalore-Mysore expressway. // International Construction;Jun97, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p69
Reports on the signing of the memorandum of understanding between Karnataka State Industrial and Investment Development Corp. and SAB Engineering for the Bangalore-Mysore Expressway project in India.
- The short-sea alternative. Dupin, Chris // JoC Week;5/27/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p16
Focuses on the impact of geography on short-sea shipping in Europe. Percentage of region's cargo moving in coastal vessels; Significance of Channel Tunnel and Oresund bridge-tunnel between Sweden and Denmark; Proponents of increased coastal and inland shipping.
- Sailing New Seas. Bonney, Joseph // JoC Week;9/30/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 39, pL-26
Reports on the logistics strategies of ocean shipping carriers with regard to third-party logistics and supply chain management. Sharing of ships and terminals; Expansion of container ship operators; Acquisition of The Gilbert Cos.
- Navigating Mexico's logistics. Barnett, Chris // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/14/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 41, p18
Discusses the actions taken by shippers and carriers to solve logistics problems in Mexico. Information on custom delays in shipping; Details on hijacking and cargo thefts; Background on airfreight carriers that operate freighter services between the U.S. and Mexico.
- Blue Danube. // World Trade;Jan2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p60
Interviews the Austrian Business Agency on cargo shipping business between Austria and the United States (U.S.). Description of the regulatory or trade agreements that will benefit U.S. shippers doing business in Austria; Major manufacturers operating in Vienna and surrounding regions;...