Getting producers back in shape
- Improving international standards. Montgomery, Melinda // CA Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the involvement of accountant Paul Cherry on a comparability/improvements project for international financial reporting. Elimination of differences in international reporting standards; Support from the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO); Cherry as...
- Middle East to be Major Player in Polyolefins Industry. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Dec2007, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p10
The article highlights findings of the "2008 World Polyolefins Analysis" released by Chemical Market Associates, Inc. The study found that polyolefin producers in the region have started a wave of cost-advantaged polyolefins production capacity. The study analyzed the global polyolefin markets...
- Polyolefin reality check. Richardson, John; Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;10/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p25
The article assesses the condition of the polyolefin markets in China. There has been a slowdown in demand growth for polyolefins in the country, which is attributed to maturing eastern markets, oversupplied downstream industries, and government measures designed to cool the economy down. China...
- Nexant forecasting economic slowdown. Ying Sun, Nina // Plastics News;3/24/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p7
The article presents an analysis on the polyolefins markets by Shannon Schneider, a consultant with Nexant Inc. Schneider said that there are two divergent opinions about 2008 and the biggest variable is the economy. She asserted that in a recession scenario, operating rates and prices both...
- Emerging Issues Committee. // CA Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 127 Issue 3, CICA Newsletter Dialogue pD1
Announces the appointment of accountant Paul G. Cherry as chairman of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants' Emerging Issues Committee. Cherry as successor of David L. Knight; Cherry as senior technical partner and director of National Accounting and Auditing Research at Coopers &...
- Earn a Seven- Figure Income in 2015. Henderson, Richard // Home Business Magazine: The Home-Based Entrepreneur's Magazine;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p10
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses the articles in the issue on home-based entrepreneurs including Paul Cherry, and Randy Rubin, along with the advice shared by them to gain immense start-up success.
- Dyes, intermediates, auxiliary products, finishing agents. // Colourage;Feb2000, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p45
Presents the abstract of the paper,"The migration of polar additives in polyolefins," by M. Ewen, K. Peter, et al, published in the October 1998 issue of the periodical "Chemical Fibers International,".
- All about risks. Gilmartin, Geraldinie // European Chemical News;3/10/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2043, p22
Reports on the state of the polyolefins industry in central and eastern Europe (CEE) as of March 10, 2003. Challenge posed by the emerging east European polyolefins markets to multinational investors; Recommended strategy for growth in the region; Major growth opportunities for the industry.
- THINK TANK. DAVIS, NIGEL // ICIS Chemical Business;4/18/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 14, p13
The article presents information on the forecasting made by ChemSystems Inc. on the polyolefins business, implying that the year 2011 will be a tricky one for polyolefins, due to the depressed operating rates.