Pipeline plans spurred by deal
- Pakistan's PM upbeat about Iran-India gas line. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/26/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 21, p12
The article reports on the progress of the project to transport gas from Iran to India via Pakistan. Pakistani Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz told attendees of the World Economic Forum held in Sharm el-Shaikh, Egypt that all agreements could be finalized by the end of 2006. Aziz said that Pakistan...
- PAKISTAN. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/5/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 44, p23
Announces the appointment of banker Shaukat Aziz as finance minister of Pakistan. Aziz's joining of a three-member ministerial cabinet which will govern the country until the restoration of democracy.
- Aziz vows to restore business confidence. Malik, Nadeem // Economic Review (05318955);Oct99, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the priorities of Pakistani Finance Minister Shaukat Aziz to restore business confidence and resurrect the investment climate. Restoration of investors' confidence both for local and foreign entrepreneurs; Talks with International Monetary Fund as constructive and cordial according...
- Tax Strategy and Budgetary Proposals. // Economic Review (05318955);Jun2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p25
Details Pakistan's tax strategy and budget proposals, presented by Finance Minister Shaukat Aziz. Areas covered by the tax reform; Improving and enhancing the system of income tax; Tax Amnesty Scheme; Improving the Self-Assessment Scheme for effective use by taxpayers; Relief measures for...
- Weighing Up Aziz's Budget. // Asia Monitor: Indian Subcontinent Monitor;Aug2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p5
Examines the federal budget proposed by finance minister Shaukat Aziz in Pakistan. Capacity of the budget to promote economic growth; Impact of the budget on income tax levied on private companies; Initiatives of Aziz to confront the federal budget deficits.
- Departing Exec Finalizing Private Bank Expansion Plans. Cope, Debra // American Banker;10/27/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 207, p4
Reports on the resignation of Citigroup Inc. executive Shaukat Aziz to return to his native Pakistan to serve as minister of finance. Citigroup's plan to double its private banking sales force; Highlights of Aziz's career in corporate banking.
- India: Kashmir Dispute Rumbles On. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Jan2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
This article reports that Pakistani Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz's visit to New Delhi in late November was overshadowed by disagreement with his hosts over Kashmir. The India-Pakistan dialogue has made little progress in recent months as negotiators move from confidence-building measures to more...
- PAKISTAN: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Oct2006, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p4
The article looks at the economic and political condition in Pakistan as of October 2006. Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz has survived a no-confidence motion from opposition parties. Pakistan's short-term economic rating remains at 54.0 but will be raised if inflation moderates. Pakistan has moved...
- Documents. // Pakistan Horizon;Jan2007, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p103
The article presents the texts of several documents related to Pakistan. Among these is the text of a joint statement issued at the end of the 2nd round of Strategic Dialogue between the country and Great Britain regarding a wide range of issues, including non-proliferation and fighting...