Oman hit by gas shortages
- BP scoops tight gas deal. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/22/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 51, p12
The article reports on the long-term production sharing agreement between British Petroleum Co. and Oman's Ministry of Oil & Gas. The contract is for the exploration and production of tight gas in the sultanate. The upstream agreement will cover the development of gas reserves in the central...
- Industry Forecast Scenario. // Oman Oil & Gas Report;Q1 2008, p33
The article presents a forecast of the petroleum industry and trade in Oman. Oil and gas reserves are projected to increase from 980 billion cubic meters (BCM) to 1,100bcm by 2010 and 2011. The government is predicted to face challenges in maintaining oil production and exports and the Minister...
- Oman oil and gas output up in 2013. WATTS, MARK // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/16/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 20, p10
The article discusses data from the Oil Ministry of Oman showing that the 2013 oil production increased by 2.5 percent to 941,000 barrels per day. Topics discussed include the decline in production at Oman's main state-backed producer Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) and the country having the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/30/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 26, p11
The article presents news briefs on the petroleum industry in the Middle East as of June 30, 2006. Korea Gas Corp. and the Oil & Gas Ministry of Oman are establishing a joint committee. DNO announced preliminary exploration results on the Tawke 1 well in Dohuk, Iraq. Ras Laffan Liquefied Natural...
- STATISTICAL APPENDIX. Asad, S. Hasan // Economic Review (05318955);Apr2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p35
Presents charts on the statistical records of oil and gas production, import and export consumption in Pakistan. Details on the original recoverable reserves of crude oil as of June 2000; Information on the cumulative production of natural gas reserves as of June 2000; Production of oil refineries.
- chapter 6: Key Sectors. // Colombia Business Forecast Report;2010 2nd Quarter, p61
The article presents the executive summary concerning the condition of oil and gas reserves in Colombia.
- Doha looks beyond North Field. Ford, Neil // Middle East;Feb2010, Issue 408, p44
The article reports on the move of Qatar to allow the increase of foreign participation in the development of its oil and gas reserves. It reveals the participation of China to develop the country's production of gas. China's participation will lead the development of new gas reserves and...
- Pakistan Boosts its Natural Gas Production. Aslam, Muhammad // Economic Review (05318955);Apr2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p47
Focuses on the plan of Pakistan to boost natural gas production. Exploration of gas reserves in the lower and central Sindh oil bet; Participation of foreign oil companies on the plan; Insufficiency on the funds of the country for major pillers.
- World Crude Oil and Natural Gas Reserves, Jan. 1, 2003. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2005, p172
The article presents statistical information related to world crude oil and natural gas reserves as of January 1, 2003. Data for Kuwait and Saudi Arabia include one-half of the reserves in the Neutral Zone between Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Some of the countries included are North America, Canada,...