Price-fixers hit by fines
- Fines for canal colluders. // Construction Europe;May2014, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p9
The article reports that the Fair Trade Commission (FTC), South Korea's competition authority has fined nine construction companies a total of 68 million euros for price collusion and bid rigging.
- SOUTH KOREA: Cartel fine. // International Construction;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p7
The discusses the move of the South Korean Fair Trade Commission (FTC) to announce fines of 95 million U.S. dollars for eight contractors accused of bid rigging on government projects.
- Fines for metro cartel. // International Construction;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the fines worth $1.26 billion imposed by the Korean Fair Trade Commission against 21 contractors due to allegations of collusion in bidding for contracts on a metro project in Incheon, South Korea in 2014.
- Fines for metro cartel. // International Cranes & Specialized Transport;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the move of the Fair Trade Commission in South Korea to impose $1.26 billion to 21 contractors it accused of collusion in bidding for contracts on metro project in Incheon.
- Asian action. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 469, p14
Highlights developments in the Asian petrochemical industry from 1999 to 2004. Plan of the Hyundai group to depart from the petrochemical industry following a proposed merger between Hyundai Petrochemical and Samsung General Chemical in May 1999; Imposition of fines by the South Korean Fair...
- Qualcomm fined $1.8M as part of Flarion purchase. // RCR Wireless News;4/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p7
The article reports on the decision of Qualcomm Inc. and Flarion Technologies Inc. to pay civil penalties for violating the premerger waiting period requirements during their consolidation in the U.S. The civil penalties cost about $1.8 million. Qualcomm has violated antitrust laws after it...
- Intel disappointed by $25.4M Korea FTC antitrust fine, may appeal. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;6/9/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 23, p13
The article reports that Intel Corp. is considering to appeal against the South Korea Fair Trade Commission's (KFTC) ruling that the company violated the country's antitrust law by offering discounts on microprocessors to two personal computer makers. The KFTC imposed a fine of $25.4 million on...
- Korean authorities fine Marine Hose cartel participants. // European Rubber Journal;May/Jun2009, Vol. 191 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that five marine hose manufacturers Bridgestone Corp., Dunlop Oil & Marine Ltd., Trelleborg Industrie SAS , the company Parker ITR and Manuli Ruber Industries SpA have been fined by the Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC), the regulatory authority for South Korea. The firms...
- PE price probe results due. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p12
This article talks about the investigation conducted by South Korea's Fair Trade Commission on the alleged price fixing among local polyethylene producers which is claimed to have led to inflated profit margins. Companies that could be affected are Honam Petrochemical and Korean Petrochemical...