DME set to launch futures exchange
- PRIVATE ORDERING AT THE WORLD'S FIRST FUTURES EXCHANGE. West, Mark D. // Michigan Law Review;Aug2000, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p2574
Analyzes the organization and efficiency of the Dojima Rice Exchange, the world's first organized futures exchange in Osaka, Japan. History of the Exchange; Why the world's first organized futures exchange began at Dojima and not elsewhere; Governance and anti-manipulation institutions of the...
- EMPIRICAL INSIGHT AND SOME THOUGHTS ON FUTURE(S) INVESTIGATION. Simpson, A. W. Brian // Michigan Law Review;Aug2000, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p2616
Provides comments on the article by Mark West entitled `Private Ordering at the World's First Futures Exchange.' Why futures markets develop in relation to some products, but not in relation to others; Questions about the distinction between public and private ordering.
- A PUBLIC CHOICE APPROACH TO PRIVATE ORDERING: RENT-SEEKING AT THE WORLD'S FIRST FUTURES EXCHANGE. Yadlin, Omri // Michigan Law Review;Aug2000, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p2620
Provides comments on the article `Private Ordering at the World's First Futures Exchange,' by Mark West. Most striking feature of Dojima Rice Futures Exchange; West's conclusion about Dojima's private ordering system; Alternative, public-choice explanation for the evolution and persistence of...
- Exchange commodities. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;10/06/2000, p49
Reports on developments in the commodity markets of South Africa for the week ended October 6, 2000. Companies whose stocks have improved; Market surge enjoyed by the banks and assurance sectors; Recommendations on different sectors.
- Rebranding may not be the answer. Collins, Daniel P. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including managed futures, commodity investing, and trading systems.
- Apres la deluge. Zwick, Steve // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep94, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p16
Reports on MATIF's plans to launch a Deutsche-mark-dominated rapeseed contract in Germany. Commodity Futures Association of Germany's (CFAG) support for MATIF's plans; Reason for CFAG's support.
- Speculator activity not lone driver of market volatility. // Farmers Weekly;9/23/2011, Vol. 156 Issue 13, p23
The article reports on the minimal role of speculator activity in commodity market volatility in Great Britain, based on a study compiled for the Futures and Options Association and published in September 2011.
- Commodity markets lose fundamentals. FORD, STEVE // Southern Farmer (1541-2008);Nov2012, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that trading in commodity markets has become risky over the past few years.
- Are commodities back? Egan, Jack // U.S. News & World Report;12/12/94, Vol. 117 Issue 23, p101
Offers advice from four investments pros, Robert Markman, Blythe Masters, Charles Clough and Steven Strongin. The long-term case for commodities; Prices; If commodities remain a good investment for 1995; Recommendations of specific commodities; Real estate; Inflation; Demand for gold.