- Europe watch. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/26/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 8, p12
The article presents updates on issues related to the chemical industry in Europe. Axa has decided to lessen its stake in Merck KGaA to 3.3%. The fourth quarter operating loss of Zaklady Chemiczne for 2006 increased to 274.09 million zloty (Zl). BASF is planning to match 2006 record operating...
- THE WEEK IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/3/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 4, p8
The article offers world new briefs related to the chemical industry. German chemical and pharmaceutical company Bayer AG plans to close some of its chemical plants in the U.S. RPM International Inc., a producer of coatings and sealants in the U.S., reported a net income of 39.3 million dollars...
- BUSINESS. // European Chemical News;7/19/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2109, p6
Presents updates on issues and events related to the chemical industry as of July 19, 2004. Agreement between ExxonMobil and the government of Qatar for a gas-to-liquids projec; Amount of investment needed by Zaklady Chemiczne Police, a state-owned fertilizer producer in Poland; Move of Bayer...
- Poland to float firms on stock exchange. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2125, p7
Reports on the decision the Polish government to float shares in state-owned fertilizer producer Zaklady Chemiczne Police and caprolactam maker Pulawy on the Warsaw stock exchange in 2005. Reason behind the possible transfer of Poland government shares to Nafta Polska; Businesses of the...
- COMPANY SPOTLIGHT - Merck KGaA. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;May 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p30
Features the pharmaceutical and chemicals firm Merck KGaA in Darmstadt, Germany. Decrease in the revenue of the firm; Competitors of the firm; Business operations of the company.
- Acquisitions boost Merck KGaA's sales and earnings. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;3/9/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 8, p15
The article reports on the increase in the earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization of chemicals company Merck KGaA driven by acquisitions in the fourth quarter of 2014.
- Government Plans to Privatize Four Chemical Companies. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/8/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 30, p13
Provides information on the privatization plans for Polish chemical companies Zaklady Chemiczne Police, Zaklady Azotowe Pulawy, Zaklady Azotowe Kedzierzyn and Zaklady Azotowe w Tarnowie. Worth of the combined book value of the companies; Plan of Precolor to acquire Police; Bidders for Tarnowie.
- Europe in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/2/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 22, p6
Reports on developments related to the chemical industry in Europe as of June 2, 2003. Authorization by the European Union's European Commission of a multi-million grant by the German government to Merck KGaA; Consultation on a European Union recycling strategy by the European Commission with...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;7/28/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2063, p6
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry worldwide as of August 2003. Profit warning issued by Royal Vopak; Pre-tax losses of EVC in the first half of 2003; Impact of negative currency on the chemicals business of Merck KGaA.