5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- PE/PP research plant opens. Chynoweth, Emma // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 59, p34
The article reports on the construction a pilot polyolefin plant by Repsol at its chemicals complex in Tarragona, Spain. The company says the facility is unique because of its versatility and the fact that it can produce both polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP). The new plant will enable...
- SHELL ADVANCES JV WITH PETROCHINA AND QATAR PETROLEUM. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/21/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 31, p19
The article reports on the progress being made by Shell Chemicals on a previously announced refinery and petrochemicals joint venture at Taizhou, China with PetroChina and Qatar Petroleum (QP). Ben van Beurden, executive vice president (v.p.) of Shell, said that the company signed the framework...
- Exxon exit to hit credibility. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/13/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 33, p6
In this article, the author discusses the reasons behind the move of Exxon Mobil Corp. and Qatar Petroleum to exit the petrochemicals project scheme in Qatar.
- New chief identifies core businesses. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;10/20/93, Vol. 153 Issue 14, p29
Reports on chemical company Repsol in Spain. Strategy of integration with oil refining; Building of a polypropylene (PP) plant at Tarragona, Spain; Polyethylene capacity; Styrene monomer capacity.
- Repsol Posts Lower Chemical Profits. // Chemical Week;11/20/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 46, p16
Reports the decline in the chemical business of Repsol YPF for the first nine months of 2002.
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;3/31/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 10, p19
The article presents news briefs of the chemical industry sector as of March 31, 2014. Repsol YPF SA has announced to build a polyethylene (PE) plant at the company's Tarragona, Spain petrochemical complex. The U.S. Trade and Development Agency has funded Honeywell Group to construct fertilizer...
- 5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/31/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 30, p8
The article presents updates on various chemical industry projects from around the world. Repsol YPF is planning to double the capacity of its cracker complex in Sines, Portugal to 1m tonne/year of olefins and 1m tonne/year of polyolefins by 2010. Shell Chemicals has taken a final investment...
- More Methanol. // Chemical Week;1/9/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p29
Reports on the methanol plant opened by Repsol-YPF at Plaza Huincul, Argentina. Production capacity of the plant; Other methanol plant opened by Celanese-Valero at Clear Lake, Texas.
- Sabic leading the chemicals field. BAXTER, KEVIN // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/17/2013, Vol. 57 Issue 20, p34
The article looks at diversified manufacturing company Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (Sabic), as of May 2013. It outlines the company's founding and growth, noting it is majority owned by the Saudi Arabian government. It profiles the company's petrochemicals manufacturing business, discussing...