Wellman posts Q4 operating loss
- Wellman Profits Fall in Quarter, Half. // DNR: Daily News Record;7/28/97, Vol. 27 Issue 90, p4
The article reports on the 1997 second quarter profits of Wellman Inc., which declined 54.7 percent due to a pretax charge of 7.5 million dollars to restructure its Europe operations.
- Wellman sales +10%. // Chemical Fibers International;Apr2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p79
Reports that the polyester producer Wellman Inc. made a net loss from continuing operations of 96.7 million dollars in 2003 compared to a net profit of 26.4 million in 2002.
- Wellman Considers Alternatives for Noncore Operations. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;8/30/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p11
This article explains that Wellman is exploring options to improve its operating performance, including "strategic alternatives for its noncore businesses," such as a possible sale of those businesses. The company did not specify which businesses it considers noncore, however. Wellman produces...
- Wellman down in 3Q. // Home Textiles Today;10/27/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p17
Reports on Wellman Inc.'s posting of profit loss in the third quarter of 2003.
- CW 75 stock performance. // Chemical Week;5/3/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 15, p29
The article reports on the stock performance of several chemical companies for the week ending April 26, 2006. Diversified chemical shares increased 2.7% on news of improved earnings and positive analysts' reports. Wellman topped the laggards' list on news that it reported a first-quarter loss....
- Wellman to Refinance Pearl River Project. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;10/7/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the decision of Wellman to replace short-term debt with long-term financing to refinance Pearl River project. Rate assigned by Standard & Poor to the shelf registration filed by Wellman; Capacity of the Pearl River operations; Information on the expansion plan of Pearl River's...
- cw75 stock performance. // Chemical Week;7/14/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 23, p29
Reports on the performance of the stocks of chemical companies in the U.S. as of July 14, 2004. Percentage of the decline in specialty chemical stocks; Performance of basic chemical stocks; Impact of the involvement of Wellman Inc. in a price-fixing investigation of polyester staple fiber on...
- Haslemere slips into the red for year to September. // Estates Gazette;11/15/2003, Issue 346, p40
Reports on the business losses of Haslemere, the British property company majority owed by a U.S.-Israeli consortium, in November 2003. Net losses reported; Factors that contributed to the losses.
- Dynea secures future funding. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;2/23/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2088, p8
Reports on the negotiation of Dynea International with lenders to acquire a new credit facility. Net losses of the company; Value of the credit facility; Decline in its net interest expenses in 2003.