5-MINUTE AMERICAS WATCH
- Adhesives and Sealants. D'Amico, Esther; Seewald, Nancy; Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;4/5/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p21
The article reports on the merger and consolidation activity in the adhesives and sealant sector as of April 5, 2006. Major adhesives and sealants firms have done several deals in the last year, especially in the construction sector, including H.B. Fuller's planned purchase of Henkel's...
- Valspar to buy Fuller powder coatings. Crow, Patrick; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/23/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 15, p7
The article reports on the plans by Valspar to purchase the powder coatings business of H.B. Fuller. The deal, which is due to close by the end of the first quarter of 2007, is subject to government regulatory reviews. Fuller said that the transaction is expected to generate a one-time positive...
- BUSINESS. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;11/1/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2122, p6
Presents updates on the chemical industry in Europe as of November 2004. Acquisition of Acetex Corp. by Blackstone Crystal Holdings Capital Partners; Environmental safety of the public hydrogen fuel filling station in Berlin, Germany; Plans of BASF to slow the pace of future job cuts at its...
- 5-MINUTE NEWS WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/30/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 16, p10
The article offers world news briefs related to the chemical industry. Huntsman reported a 2% decline in underlying 2006 third-quarter earnings to $873 million on 4% higher sales of $2.69 billion. Eastman Chemical's third-quarter earnings fell 18% to $103 million on 8% higher sales of $1.97...
- Eastman to Split into Two Companies: Deavenport to Retire. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the plan of Eastman Chemical Co. to split into two independent public companies. Specialty Chemicals and Plastics company's handling of products for coatings, adhesives, ink, specialty polymers, plastics and chemical intermediates; PET Plastics and Acetate Fibers company's...
- Eastman Reorganization Hints at Management Succession. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;8/4/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 29, p17
Reports that Eastman Chemical company will reorganize its polymer and chemical units on September 1, 1999. Management changes in the company; Sales of the polymer business group of Eastman in 1998; Factors that led to the decline in sales of Eastman in 1998.
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;1/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p6
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of January 21, 2004. Casualties of a January 11, 2004 fire at the methyl tert-butyl ether plant of Huntsman in Port Neches, Texas; Decline in the net income of H. B. Fuller for its fiscal fourth quarter ended November 29, 2003; Expected earnings...
- Fuller adhesives buy. // Chemical Week;5/8/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 18, p41
Reports on H.B. Fuller's purchase of Eastman Chemical's hot-melt adhesives business. Terms of the agreement.
- Financial Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/27/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 13, p25
Focuses on the financial condition of some chemical companies in the United States as of March 2000. First quarter earnings posted by Eastman Chemical Co.; Financial growth reported by H.B. Fuller Co.