NEW REGULATIONS ALL AT SEA
- By the numbers. Bonney, Joseph // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/30/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p6
The article offers information on an index from Drewry Shipping Consultants which measures the average spot rates of carriers travelling in a certain week. Drewry collects information from Hong Kong, China non-vessel-operating common carriers travelling to Los Angels, California. Philip Damas,...
- Air Rate Benchmark Hits 2011 High. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/19/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p8
The article reports the rise in the Drewry Air Freight Price Index in October 2011 from a month earlier, to its highest level in a year.
- Supply, demand in sync on major trade lanes. // World Trade;Mar2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that Drewry Shipping Consultants of London, England is forecasting a more balanced mix of demand and capacity on major shipping lanes this year 2007, despite earlier estimates of over capacity. One shipping executive noted that while it is still very early in the year 2007,...
- Trans-Pacific Spot Rate Climbs 5.5 percent. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/24/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p8
The article reports that the average spot market rate for shipping a 40-foot container from Hong Kong to Los Angeles, California increased by 5.5% in the week ending August 9, 2009 as tracked by Drewry Shipping Consultants in London, England. It is stated that the maintenance of an increased...
- $3 billion investment seen in ports by 2005. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/16/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 42, p9
Forecasts the amount of investment needed by Middle East and South Asian countries on their ports to meet the growing volume of containers. Details on the forecast of Drewry Shipping Consultants; Container port throughput in 1997.
- Carry More, Earn Less. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;11/8/99, Vol. 260 Issue 6, p40
Focuses on the ocean freight rate of the Drewry Shipping Consultants Ltd. in London, England. Efforts to stay away from the market-driven price cycle; Consideration of global container markets; Impact of trade imbalances on the profitability of carriers.
- Tough Year On Costs For Ship-Owners. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep2003, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p8
Reports on Drewry Shipping Consultants Ltd.'s publication of its 2003 Annual Review of Ship Operating Costs. Rise in key operating costs; Increase pressure from the likely tightening of regulatory measures that seem to follow every major shipping incident or casualty; Issue of the staffing...
- The dire trans-Pacific. Mongelluzzo, Bill // JoC Week;3/18/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the economic situation of the container ship industry. Discrepancy between the supply and demand of the shipping industry; Discussion of the situation during the Trans-Pacific Maritime conference; Insights of John Fossey, executive consultant at Drewry Shipping Consultants.
- Drewry Expects Ocean Rates, Profits to Fall. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);1/17/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that Drewry Shipping Consultants forecasts that ocean freight rates on major east-west trade lanes will drop by 7 percent in 2011.